Ghost: Jede Menge Leben (Reihe Hanser) by…

Ghost: Jede Menge Leben (Reihe Hanser) (original 2016; edition 2018)

by Jason Reynolds (Author), Anja Hansen-Schmidt (Übersetzer)

Member:buecherwurm1310
Title:Ghost: Jede Menge Leben (Reihe Hanser)
Authors:Jason Reynolds (Author)
Other authors:Anja Hansen-Schmidt (Übersetzer)
Info:dtv Verlagsgesellschaft (2018), 224 Seiten

Ghost (Track) by Jason Reynolds (2016)

English (75)  German (1)  All languages (76)
The main characters in this story are Coach and Ghost (otherwise known as Castle Cranshaw). The story takes place in Glass Manor. The plot of this book is Ghost joins a track team and they try to be one of the top teams. The only issue that needs to be solved is when Ghost stole shoes from a sports shop. The only reason he did this is because he at least wanted to have better shoes. The resolution to this story is Ghost deals his punishment by cleaning Coach's car. He also had to apologize to the store clerks.
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​
If I could name this book another title I would name it "The Track Runner". I would like to meet Ghost the main character. I wish in the ending that the book would tell my who won the race. I think this book would be a cool movie and TV series. But I don't think this would be a good video game cuz it would be a bit boring. If I could ask the author anything I would ask he/she if I could get a autograph. ( )
  SionV.B2 | Dec 9, 2018 |
Overall, I thought "Ghost" was a good book. The book was very realistic. the author wrote the book in first person point of view. This made how the character felt in the story feel very genuine and real. It showed the internal and external conflict the young boy was going through throughout the entire story. The boy went through trauma after his alcoholic father tried to kill him and his mother. The books shows how he feels after and the point of view allows the reader to better understand why he keeps getting himself into trouble. The author also uses very descriptive language that can captivate the reader. It allows the reader to immerse themselves in the story. The overall message of this story is to have empathy and to not judge. This book has the ability to show the other side of someone and the reason why they behave the way they do. It can allow people to have a better understanding for people's decisions and to not look down on them when they make mistakes.
  aramey2 | Nov 14, 2018 |
This book is about a boy who is nicknamed "Ghost". Ghost is a star track star with a shot at the Junior Olympics, the only thing is Is that he has a haunting past. As a child Ghost and his mother were forced to leave their apartment after his father had gotten drunk and tried to kill them. Ghost encounters a lot of feelings and causes trouble of his own throughout the story that is told from his point of view. The book is the first in a series and would be great as a choice book for middle schoolers to use in a literature discussion book. It covers a ton of language arts concepts that would create great topics of discussion.
  ksmole1 | Nov 13, 2018 |
I enjoyed this book because it is from the perspective of a male student in middle school who had a hard home life and finds passion and motivation through track. However, this book uses some language phrases that a younger student may not understand. In addition, the characters are very well written in this book and the author uses characterization to help the reader get to know the protagonist, which is the young boy whose name is Castle and his teammates call him Ghost. Furthermore, the authors writing is very descriptive and well-paced. This is beneficial for the story because it helps the reader be engaged in the book and creates imagery with the text. For example, in the book when Ghost steels the athletic shoes from the sporting goods store and runs through town because he is scared of getting caught and does not know where to go. Additionally, the book pushes readers to think about hard topics, such as, difficulties with home life and bullying. The main message of the story is that our fears may be hard and scary, but each individual needs to confront these fears and face them before they overwhelm us. ( )
  tpasch1 | Nov 5, 2018 |
Ghost by Jason Reynolds
In my opinion this is a great book. I really enjoyed this book because of the story and how it was written. The story was well written it was descriptive and clear. The story was engaging and well organized. It flowed throughout the chapters and was well paced. The main character and the rest of the characters were believable and well developed. I also liked how the characters were relatable. The book was written in first person point of view from the main character. Since this was a chapter book there were no illustrations, but they weren’t needed because the text was well written and descriptive enough for you to have an image in your mind as you read. This book pushes the readers to think about tough issues because the main character came from poverty and wasn’t able to buy what other kids had and he was builled for not having what the rest of the kids did. This book allows readers to think about how to treat people and to thiknk before you tease someone for looking a certain way or how they live their lives. Also it broadens perspectives because it allows you to think of why someone might be different or might not have the income to buy certain things. It makes you think of how to treat someone because you don’t know what they might be going through. This book is a nonfiction story. ( )
  Zcheha1 | Nov 5, 2018 |

Ghost, a naturally talented runner and troublemaker, is recruited for an elite middle school track team. He must stay on track, literally and figuratively, to reach his full potential.

"Ghost, a naturally talented runner and troublemaker, is recruited for an elite middle school track team. He must stay on track, literally and figuratively, to reach his full potential"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,845,893 books! | Top bar: Always visible