Ravage: A Scarred Souls Novel

by Tillie Cole

Series: Scarred Souls (3)

Is finding one's true love worth committing the greatest sacrifice of all? Taken as a teen, prisoner 194 was stripped of his name and freewill, meticulously honed to be a ruthless machine. Even as he tries to fight his captors hold on him he knows that obedience is the only way to save his sister, who is the one person that keeps him from turning into a monster. As a young girl Zoya Kostava barely escaped the brutal attack that killed her entire family. Now twenty five she lives in secrecy. That is until she hears her brother also survived and is living with their greatest enemy. Zoya risks her safety and anonymity to find the brother she thought dead and is captured by a beautiful, brutal man. A man who both captivates and scares her, in him she sees a soul as lost as her own. They both have so much to lose will they be able to save each other...and survive.… (more)

Conflict in the lives of the characters of this story created conflict in this reader’s heart. I realize that evil people exist in this world and torture happens but I hate to think about it…and this book did make me think about just how difficult the lives of many must be.

In the first two books of this series we met two fight-to-the-death men who survived and finally were able to move on to something else and find true love. In this book we meet 194 and his sister 152. 194 was once known a Valentin and his sister was Inessa. Valentin never forgets who is in spite of the horrific life he lives for 18 year. His motivation is his sister and the goal is to reunite with Inessa someday. Sent out by his Mistress to wreak mayhem in one way or another while drugged to the gills his target in this book is one of the men who starred in a previous book of the series. Unable to reach his target he picks up a woman related to him. Poor woman!

I understand Stockholm Syndrome and wondered if perhaps Mzia Kostava “Zoya” was influenced by this until I read of her love for the Tbilisi Monster, a Fairy Tale her grandmother once told her that caused her to question “why would a monster behave that way?” and then took to heart when bad things happened. What a compassionate and loving woman Zoya must have been and hopefully such love will have the ability to move mountains – or monsters ;)

This is not a book for those who have triggers such as rape, torture, abuse, etc. It is a book for people who like dark fairy tales. And, it sets readers up for a fourth book in the series that I heartily look forward to reading although I am sure it may be even more disturbing in some ways than the three that will have gone before it.

One more thing – the characters in this series come from Eastern European Mafia backgrounds that were probably fraught with questionable behavior then some were turned into people who were even more brutal than they might have been BUT they all believe in family and I believe that family ties and love are what eventually save the heroes of these stories.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  CathyGeha | Aug 7, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,298,011 books! | Top bar: Always visible