Glad Tidings: An Anthology by Debbie…

Glad Tidings: An Anthology (original 2006; edition 2017)

by Debbie Macomber (Author)

While flying around the state of Washington, newspaper reporter Emma Collins discovers that her pilot, Oliver Hamilton, could be the love of her life; and, on Christmas Eve, Maryanne and Nolan Adams tell their children how they fell in love.
Member:Leena04
Title:Glad Tidings: An Anthology
Authors:Debbie Macomber (Author)
Info:MIRA (2017), Edition: Original, 384 pages

Glad Tidings (Here Comes Trouble / There's Something About Christmas) by Debbie Macomber (2006)

I enjoyed the first half more than the second half. ( )
  audraelizabeth | Aug 28, 2019 |
Cute and fast read to get you into the holiday mood. ( )
  KeriLynneD | Sep 20, 2016 |
Two classic stories of laughter and love of Christmastime.
  SABC | Jul 18, 2015 |
A cute holiday story with a fun plot, many heartwarming moments and a touch of humor. I always enjoy when the male pursues the female and I have a new appreciation for fruitcake. Journalist Emma tried to get pilot Oliver to advertise for his small plane service in her newspaper.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
On the front of the novel there is a line that says, "Two classic stories of laughter and love at Christmas time." How true! The novel includes two short stories of 1) "There's Something about Christmas" and 2) "Here Comes Trouble". As I was reading the first story, I was remembering all of the years growing up when my grandmother would always give us another fruitcake for Christmas. I was always intrigued as it was the only cake that came within a cardboard box. Inside the cardboard box, it was carefully wrapped in plastic. When it was first brought home, cardboard box and all would go in the refrigerator. Mother and I would have a slice each night for dessert after Christmas. I loved all the jellied candies and always saved the maraschino cherry for the last bite as they were my favorite and few and far between. Reading the story brought back so many memories but now an urge to try each of the three (3) recipes - maybe as a gift to surprise my Mother next Christmas.
And then the 2nd charming story about Maryanne and Nolan Adams who have a very special story all their own to share on Christmas Eve.
Debbie Macomber is truly a gifted writer as through reading her novels you can feel the treasures of daily life and experience with her characters the joys and blessings of friendship, family, neighbors, community, and the best we all have to offer when we allow our love to shine. ( )
  FerneMysteryReader | Aug 6, 2014 |

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,257,811 books! | Top bar: Always visible