Broken Heart: How can someone just…

Broken Heart: How can someone just disappear? . . . Find out in this… (edition 1968)

by John Ford (Author)

Series: David Raker (7)

Where did she go? What did she know? A woman drives to a secluded beauty spot on the Somerset coast. CCTV watches her enter but doesn't see her leaving. In fact, Lynda Korin is never seen again. How can someone just disappear? Her sister calls missing persons investigator David Raker. For him, the mystery of where she went is only the start. The real question is why a woman with no reason to run would choose to leave her entire life behind? Was it her decision? Or did someone make it for her? Raker is an expert at following the echoes of decades-old lies. But only Lynda Korin knows the most shocking secret of all and she's missing, presumed dead.… (more)
Member:hermionecaroline
Title:Broken Heart: How can someone just disappear? . . . Find out in this TWISTY THRILLER (David Raker Missing Persons);David Raker Missing Persons
Authors:John Ford (Author)
Info:University of Nebraska (1968)

Broken Heart by Tim Weaver

English (4)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (6)
Complex story about a woman's mysterious disappearance from a remote promotory in Somerset and David Raker's attempts to find her and the reason for her disappearance before others who don't want her story to emerge. Cleverly plotted and keeps you guessing where the story will go next. Recommended. ( )
  edwardsgt | Dec 20, 2016 |
This is the second Tim Weaver that I have read and I continue to be impressed by his plotting and characterisation and I am always relieved when thriller writers avoid too much violence [I know that the nature of the stories necessitates some, but too many writers overdo it). This book particularly appealed to me because it centred around old movies and it was very well researched. I am now officially hooked on David Raker and will follow him backwards well as forwards. Highly recommended. ( )
  johnwbeha | Nov 17, 2016 |
Tim Weaver is a truly original, elegant, articulate author whose style, finesse and shear story telling ability gets better with each new book. Broken Heart is a superb example of how to draw a reader in from the first page and to maintain his interest right to the closing paragraph. It is essentially a crime novel that openly portrays the author's meticulous attention to detail, creating a multi layered plot which is never too complicated or over ambitious. David Raker, missing persons investigator, receives a telephone call from the sister of Linda Korin and the request is simple.....please find Linda!

For those of you who have followed the David Raker investigations in previous books ("What Remains" book 6 is an equally outstanding story with imagery of old wooden piers and the thrill and sound of Victorian amusement arcades) you will be well aware that his novels contain many facets, multiple characters with endless twists turns and surprises. We learn much of the life of Linda Korin and her marriage to the multi talented movie producer Robert Hosterlitz. Hosterlitz had been a sad and drunken individual who kept one big secret form his beautiful wife and as Raker begins to unfold the tangled layers to discover where the truth lies, his own life will be in mortal danger. Tim Weaver's love of cinema and in particular "noir" adds an authentic old Hollywood feel to the story as it progresses relentlessly in the search to find Linda before it is too late.

My highest recommendation for this book and to an author who grows more confident and exciting with each new publication. I look forward immensely to the next in the series. ( )
  runner56 | Nov 9, 2016 |
I absolutely love Tim Weaver and can't wait until everyone in the US loves him as well. I have to order his books from England but it's always worth it. And, just like his other books, once I open the front cover, I read it straight through and then I'm bereft that it's over! A woman drives to a secluded scenic spot on the Somerset coast. The cameras capture her entering but do not see her leaving. Lynn Korin is never see again. Her sister calls David Raker, our missing persons investigator to find her. The question here is why would a woman with no reason to disappear choose to leave her life behind. This is Tim's 7th book and every one of them is 5 stars. I follow him on Facebook so I know when the next book is coming out. I have to order them as soon as allowed! Highly recommended! ( )
  Dianekeenoy | Aug 28, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

ISBN 1405917822 is for Broken Heart by Tim Weaver

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,269,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible