Carbs & Cadavers by J. B. Stanley

Carbs & Cadavers (2006)

by J. B. Stanley, J. B. Stanley, J. B. Stanley (Author)

this was a pretty good book. Not one of those ones where I obsessively read but a pretty good one none the less. The mystery part of it was not very good, like not very mysterious but the friendship part is pretty good. plus the feelings they express about their weight loss and stuff is pretty cool to read about because that is something I can currently relate to.. All in all, I won't read it again but I don't regret taking the time to read it either. ( )
  AngelaFries | Mar 29, 2015 |
This is a heartwarming group of people who I really enjoyed meeting. They came together through a weight control group and blended into a compassionate, resourceful team who help to solve a mystery in a purely amateur manner and I sincerely look forward to meeting up with them in the rest of the series. The small town setting is comfortably well constructed and the mystery is a puzzler. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to find a new collection of interesting characters to enjoy while reading a solid mystery story. ( )
  MareF | Feb 3, 2015 |
Quite enjoyable cozy mystery... ( )
  leslie.98 | Jun 26, 2013 |
I enjoyed this first installment in the Supper Club Mystery series, especially since a group of us are about to start en exercise and weight loss challenge at work! I also enjoyed that one of the main characters is a librarian. :-) I hope to learn more about others in the group in future books in the series. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
Very light, fun mystery. Pokes fun at a stereo-typical, small-town librarian with a passion for cheese puffs. Only an author with an MLIS can be excused for some of the librarian-humor. Only someone who battles the bulge can be excused for some of the weightier humor. ( )
  Marzia22 | Apr 3, 2013 |

J. B. Stanleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stanley, J. B.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Stanley, J. B.Authormain authorall editionsconfirmed

James "Professor Puff" Henry may as well have "loser" stamped on his forehead. Divorced, overweight, shy, and living at home, he relies on books and his favorite snack -- cheese puffs -- for sweet relief from his problems. A former English lit professor at William and Mary, he moves back to Quincy's Gap, a small Virginia town in the Shenandoah Valley, to take care of his recently-widowed father. To improve his social life and waistline, he joins a supper club for dieters who lovingly call themselves the "Flab Five." Avoiding carbs is nearly impossible in this deep-fried potato-loving land, so a mysterious death in their small burg provides an effective, if disturbing, distraction. While dodging delectable temptations, Professor Henry and his fellow dieters work together to shed pounds and find the killer who has struck fear in this tight-knit community.

Click here to download Book Club Questions for Carbs and Cadavers, prepared by author J.B. Stanley!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:03 -0400)

To improve his social life and waistline, James 'Professor Puff' Henry joins a supper club for dieters. Avoiding carbs is nearly impossible in this deep-fried potato-loving land, so a mysterious death in their community provides an effective, if disturbing, distraction. The 'club' work together to find the killer.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,772,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible