Make Someone Happy: Favorite Postings by…

Make Someone Happy: Favorite Postings

by Elizabeth Berg

I love everything ever written by Elizabeth Berg. I follow her on Facebook and her posts are exquisite. Her followers begged her to put them into a book and she made that happen. That's this small book that I pick up frequently and read a few pages while drinking my morning tea. I've been spacing it out since I bought it but this morning, I read the last entry with a lump in my throat. While I am putting this in my LT library as read, I will keep this book next to my chair and read it again and again. It's a joy and a great gift for yourself (or your friends and family). ( )
  Dianekeenoy | Jan 24, 2017 |
The author began to randomly post thoughts on face book, and this book contains some of her writings. Filled with joy and the wonderment of small things such as a baby bird -- with "thread like feet" -- I love that description -- and, the sound of children on a playground, I smiled throughout.

Many pages contain conversations with her dog, and the love of animals shines through.

I own many of Berg's books, and as I work my way through organizing my 3,000 plus books, I will be sure to put her books aside to read. In the meantime, of course, I went to the library and brought home two that caught my attention.

If you long to read the joy of everyday pleasures, this book is for you.
  Whisper1 | Sep 2, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 153056705X, Paperback)

This is a collection of Elizabeth Berg's most-loved Facebook posts. She was asked by many to put these short essays into book form, to create, as one reader said, something to "take to the beach, or bed, or on an airplane." Elizabeth and her friend, the book's designer Phyllis Florin, happily complied, and they hope that their offering will be as welcome as flowers in a mailbox.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 12 Aug 2016 12:02:25 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,823,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible