The Darkest Link (Second Circle Tattoos) by…

The Darkest Link (Second Circle Tattoos)

by Scarlett Cole

I really loved Reid and Lia. It was great finally getting resolution to all the Nathan drama from book 1. ( )
  NerdyHousewifey | Feb 1, 2019 |
Julianna "Lia" Carlisle is the feisty, 50's pin-up styled tattoo artist at the Miami based Second Circle Tattoo shop and she is a far cry from what her wealthy father wanted her to be, especially with his decision to run for of Governor. But Lia doesn't care about her father wants; she only cares about her Mother and protecting her like her Granny Emmeline wanted her too. But right now Lia's mind is on the tattoo conference, but then the unexpected happen, when her car Cherry broke down. Luckily Lia had a smoking hot knight in shining armor ride up to save the day! And Kenny also made it quite clear that he liked Lia more than her car.

Reid "Kenny" Kennedy was mesmerized by the sight of Lia, and after a wonderful night together, Reid (Kenny) couldn't wait to see Lia again! And when he found her bracelet in his bed, it gave him the excuse he needed to see Lia sooner than expected. But what he wasn't expecting was to see his sister Harper again, after 6 long years or to receive a punch to the face by her fiancé Trent. Eventually all of the truths come out, and they decide to move on.

But when Lia is hit by a car and Reid's garage burned in an arson attack, Reid assumes that it's his history coming back to destroy everything he has now. But can he stop the attacks before another person is hurt? And how will everyone react when the truth is revealed.

I LOVED this freaking book SO much! I couldn't put it down! The plot twists kept me gripped and I was surprised by who the real villain was it the end! The fact that the heroine was a curvy women whom embraced her curves and went with a look that shows her sassy side and emphasizes her curves, totally made the book for me!!

The writing was smooth and delicious and the plot was gripping and full of twists, though I would like to know more about the fall out between Harper and Reid's parents. I think the only draw back for me was the many names the characters had for themselves, no more than Reid's character, when it started out as him referring to himself as Kenny, but the author put the name Reid, I had to go back and re-read parts…which is all honesty was NOT a hardship for me.

As I said before, I loved this book and I'm kicking myself that I didn't find this series before now, but I'm going to rectify that situation ASAP by reading the other 3 books and and then The Darkest Link again! Hopefully before the next book in the series is released.

I give The Darkest Link 5 stars! ( )
  Cara_Ross | Dec 2, 2018 |
Link to full review below!I ADORE this series, but this book was my least favorite. I didn't care for Reid or Lia much. The best part of the book was catching up with Harper and Trent! See full review on The Book Disciple
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |

As I said before, I loved this book and I'm kicking myself that I didn't find this series before now, but I'm going to rectify that situation ASAP by reading the first book and and then The Darkest Link again! Hopefully before the next book in the series is released.

I give The Darkest Link 5 stars! ( )
  Cara_Ross | Sep 7, 2016 |
The Darkest Link by Scarlett Cole
Book #4: Second Circle Tattoos Series
Source: Netgalley and Purchase
My Rating: 5/5
My Review:

Lia has been quite the curiosity for me since I read the first book in the Second Circle Tattoos series. She’s been a friend and confident to nearly every other character in the series so it’s about time Lia got her own book.

At nearly 30 years old, Lia has a beautiful home that she owns outright, plenty of money thanks to an inheritance from her grandmother, and a growing reputation as one of Miami’s premiere tattoo artist. In fact, it’s the growth of her reputation that has Lia on the road out of Miami for a conference when her beloved classic car, affectionately known as Cherry fails her and leaves her stranded on the side of the road. There are few things in the world Lia loves more than Cherry but a hot man on a motorcycle coming to her rescue might just edge out Cherry 

When Reid sees the sexy as hell tatted up pin up girl stranded along the side of the road, well, what else could a gentleman who owns a garage do but stop and offer his assistance? It’s immediately clear to Reid that Lia’s engine isn’t going to spark to life but the spark of attraction between the two of them is at risk of setting the surrounding area on fire. Over the next couple of days, Lia and Reid grow far closer to one another than either would have thought possible in such a short amount of time. As their time together grows shorter and Lia has to return to Miami, she and Reid both find they don’t really want to be away from one another.

Meanwhile, back in Miami . . . .

Lia’s life is in Miami but it’s not where she was born and raised. Oh, no, Lia’s family is from an incredibly affluent community owing to their incredible wealth. But, money doesn’t by happiness as Lia well know. Her mother is disconnected and fragile at best and her father is a sadistic tyrant in private with political aspirations that force him to wear a far different persona in public. Lia’s father has long made his displeasure in her well-known but with his political career taking off, he’s interested in bringing her back into the fold. All she has to do is have every one of her tattoos surgically removed, stop dressing like a pin up girl, and keep her opinions to herself. In other words, if Lia wants her family, she’ll have to deny everything she is. Needless to say, being with Reid who not only accepts her as she is but celebrates who she is, is the strength she needs to fight her father and stand on her own.

Reid isn’t just scared of his feelings for Lia, he is scared for her safety when she is near him. Reid has a past that has finally, finally caught up to him and though he desperately wants to be with Lia, he doesn’t want her hurt because of his mistakes. As the stakes keep getting higher and higher both Reid and Lia have to make some hard decisions about their respective futures. It’s only when they both figure out they are stronger together than apart that they are able to deal with their issues and get on with their HEA.

The Bottom Line: As I mentioned in the beginning, Lia has been a point of curiosity for me from the very beginning and I am so damn glad her story is so engrossing. Lia’s personality, her bearing, her determination, her confidence, and her full on sexy are so well-developed which makes Lia a very full, very real character. Reid is a wonderful balance to Lia. Where she is light, he is dark, where she is outgoing, he is more reserved and it is these differences that make them so good together. Reid and Lia are two somewhat older individuals (compared to the rest of the cast and crew) and I liked this level of maturity. Both have been around the relationship but still open to the possibility of love even if it comes at lightning speed. The naughty bits are quite excellent and there is more than enough drama and awful in this read to balance the light and sexy. In this way, the plot very much mirrors the characters which certainly enhanced the read. Though I can see places where this series might continue, I would also be totally and completely satisfied if it were to end here, with The Darkest Link! ( )
  arthistorychick | Sep 7, 2016 |

The final book in the Second Circle Tattoos series answers the question: what happened to Reid? When her car breaks down, tattoo artist Lia never expected her very own white knight to ride up on the back of a Harley...and she never expected to fall for her dark savior whose own past has connections to her life back in Miami.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,507,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible