Ride Rough

by Laura Kaye

Series: Raven Riders (book 2)

Brotherhood. Club. Family. They live and ride by their own rules. These are the Raven Riders... Maverick Rylan won't apologize for who he is--the Raven Riders Motorcycle Club Vice-President, a sought-after custom bike builder, and a man dedicated to protecting those he loves. So when he learns that the only woman who has ever held his heart is in trouble, he'll move heaven and earth to save her. Alexa Harmon thought she had it all--the security of a good job, a beautiful home, and a powerful, charming fiancé who offered the life she never had growing up. But when her dream quickly turns into a nightmare, Alexa realizes she's fallen for a façade she can't escape--until sexy, dangerous Maverick offers her a way out. Forced together to keep Alexa safe, their powerful attraction reignites and Maverick determines to do whatever it takes to earn a second chance--one Alexa is tempted to give. But her ex-fiancé isn't going to let her go without a fight, one that will threaten everything they both hold dear. Ride Rough also contains the bonus Hard Ink e-original novella, Hard Ever After!… (more)

Laura Kaye never disappoints! Her characters always suck me in and make me love, admire, want to be them. This is a second chance story and both the hero and heroine show how time and circumstance have allowed them to grow up. They are more mature, with a better understanding of the demands of a real relationship along with the hot spark of teenage hormones. Loved it! ( )
  moxamoll | Dec 3, 2019 |
  moxamoll | Dec 3, 2019 |
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance Summary
Maverick Rylan, the Vice President of the Raven Riders, is worried about his girl, a woman he has loved for years who is in trouble. Alexa Harmon, once was in love with Maverick when she was young but when her brother died, she pushed him away. Alexa has rebuilt her life, she now has a career in interior design, a handsome fiancee and a beautiful home, what more could she ask for. But when her fiancee Grant, starts to become even more controlling, and being abusive. And when she starts to realize how he has treated her since meeting him and how he has changed her, she decides to take control of her life again. Maverick is her rock, and she realizes she never stopped loving him but her ex fiancee is becoming unhinged and could destroy what she has become with Maverick...
Plot and Story Line
Ride Rough is the second book in this series, and I had a blast with this story and just like the first book I fell in love and it didn't take very long to do either. This author never ceases to amaze me with her stories, and Ride Rough kept me immersed. This story is wonderful, and not exactly what I was expecting to be honest, but I really enjoyed how it wasn't quite as dark as I was expecting it to be. Our heroine is suffering in a relationship, where she is being emotionally and slightly physically abused. From the beginning you see how manipulative and controlling her fiancee is, even if Alexa doesn't quite want to admit it to herself yet. Then our hero steps in. Maverick is simply delicious and one of my favorite heroes. I love how protect and loyal he is, true to his roots and his brothers but also to Alexa. I love how even though she pushed him away, he doesn't hold it against her, he has such a strong sense of empathy.
You're a good man, Maverick Rylan. Better than I gave you credit for. But I see you now. I know it may be too late. But, God, I see you
In book one, we see a scene between these two, and it continues in this book. Its been a couple weeks following book one. Maverick has been hurt badly by Alexa, but hasn't stopped caring about her. I did enjoy seeing these two come back to each other again, although it is slow going. We get some great times with the Raven Riders Club again and we get to see some of our favorite character from book one. We see how close knit they are with each other, and the way they come together when something is wrong or when a woman is in trouble and needs their help. Their laughter and commadarie, is addicting and just brings a smile to the reader. And of course I need to mention the cat. Alexa's cat is hilarious. So funny.
"Was just thinking that Lucy could totally be the club's mascot. You need a biker name, though, " he said, hugging Lucy a little tighter to his chest as she tense at the clipping "Lucy" is cute and all but it doesn't really fit our vibe. Or the sweater I bought you. Maybe Lucky or Bones or...Slugger. Right?" The cat purred and stared at him "You like that idea, don't you? Yes, you do, kittykitty."
"You are totally cooing at my cat right now."
"Am not."
"It's turning me on."
"I'm totally cooing at your cat."
I love how all the sweet feels you get from seeing this club. My only complaint is the ending, we kinda get a bit of a teaser cliffhanger dealing with supporting characters and I am hoping that book three will pick up right after this one.
The Cover
Sexy and hot and I LOVE it....it has such a pretty cover that I want to pet.
Overall View
Ride Rough is a sensational and emotionally in tuned romance, a slow burn second chance tale that wrapps around you like a warm blanket. A RIVETING ROMANCE LEAVES YOU SMILING!
Say you'll be mine.
That we'll ride through this life together, you and me against the world.
Just like we said. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |
Ride Rough: A Raven Riders Novel ARC Review: Ride Rough (Raven Riders) by Laura KayeLove, Honor and Protect. Maverick lives his life by those three words. The blood that flows through his veins may not be blue blood but is laced with a steel that makes him a dangerous enemy. He's a man of few words and boundaries but he gives his all to everything he does. No one can write a bad boy quite like Ms. Kaye. You want to hate him, but can't help but love him. He may not be the standard do-gooder but he loves as hard as he fights. Alexa is a weakness, he can't shake and that sets him on a course for the biggest risk of all. Ride Rough gets under the skin and leaves a mark on the heart. A dirty, sexy, thrill. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
So this is the second book in the Raven Riders series, and I have to admit, I have been desperate for this book since Ride Hard was released, and although it truly is an amazing book, filled with everything I love in a MC romance, but I struggled with liking all of the characters in this book, and although it was one of the main characters, it didn't detract too much, on my feelings for this book.

Mainly I struggled with Alena's character a little, as she seems a strong an assertive person, with everyone but her mother, who just seems to bombard her and her abusive fiancé Grant, but there I can understand it. I honestly don't know why I struggled with her character, but I guess you can't win them all!

I did love Mavericks character though! He is kind, respectful, and stands up to bullies and you honestly can't help but full in love with him. And as expected, you get to see the rest of the crew and that I loved it!

When it comes to the writing and plot, it is truly everything you have come to expect from Laura Kaye; well written and researched, characters that provoke emotion and a storyline that you can't kept getting wrapped up in.

With all that being said, I give Ride Rough 4 stars!

Cara_Ross | Dec 2, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

Raven Riders (book 2)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,323,641 books! | Top bar: Always visible