HomeGroupsTalkExploreZeitgeist
Search Site
This site uses cookies to deliver our services, improve performance, for analytics, and (if not signed in) for advertising. By using LibraryThing you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms.
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism,…
Loading...

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies… (edition 2016)

by J. K. Rowling

Series: Pottermore Presents (book 1), Harry Potter (Companion, Pottermore Presents 1)

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
5112738,568 (3.94)17
Member:joeeasterly
Title:Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies (Pottermore Presents, #1)
Authors:J. K. Rowling
Info:Pottermore from J.K. Rowling (2016), Kindle Edition, 68 pages
Collections:Fiction & Literature, Your library (inactive)
Rating:
Tags:None

Work Information

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies by J. K. Rowling

Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 17 mentions

Showing 1-5 of 27 (next | show all)
For a hardcore Potter fan like me, it is impossible not to give the book 5 stars. Delve into the personal lives of McGonagall, Lupin, and Trelawney: oh, yes! It was amazing to learn the kind of research Rowling did while naming her characters. Her inimitable style of writing (despite being heavily criticized) still brings a smile to my face! What more could you ask of a book? My only complaint: it's not available as a hard copy (for me to hug). ( )
  Chandna_Agarwal | Apr 8, 2022 |
"برای قهرمان بودن لازم نیست گریفیندوری باشید... گاهی فقط لازم است در زمان و مکان مناسب، قلب خود را وارد عمل کنید"

مجموعه ای از داستان های کوتاه در رابطه با شخصیت های دنیای هری پاتر: مک گونگال، لوپین، تریلانی و کتل بورن. برای من بیشتر از اینکه شبیه داستان باشند، مثل خلاصه ای از زندگی اون ها می موند که گرچه نکات جالبی داشت اما در نهایت انگار داشتم ویکی پدیا می خوندم. ( )
  Milad_Gharebaghi | Jan 14, 2022 |
this was not what I expected. for one no actual stories are told. it more like reading a Wikipedia page for some of characters in the Harry Potter series. which I like, don't get me wrong, but the are not stories. more like biographies. ( )
  Jonesy_now | Sep 24, 2021 |
Good companion to the original series

While most of this was previously published on Pottermore, it's nice to have access to it in an easy to read ebook version. As its own thing, the background information it provides is lovely and insightful. ( )
  thoroughlyme | Apr 23, 2021 |
This is more for the fans than for anyone else, but if you are a fan, it's awesome to read about the background of the books and how detailed the people and world is in J. K. Rowling's mind. ( )
  RankkaApina | Feb 22, 2021 |
Showing 1-5 of 27 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review

Belongs to Series

Harry Potter (Companion, Pottermore Presents 1)
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
First words
The wizarding world can be a dark and dangerous place.
Quotations
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Original language
Canonical DDC/MDS
Canonical LCC

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English

None

No library descriptions found.

Book description
Haiku summary

Popular covers

Quick Links

Rating

Average: (3.94)
0.5
1
1.5 1
2 9
2.5 1
3 40
3.5 7
4 61
4.5 2
5 54

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 169,928,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible