Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power,…

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists… (original 2016; edition 2016)

by J. K. Rowling

Series: Pottermore Presents (book 2), Harry Potter (Companion, Pottermore Presents 2)

No Muggle Prime Minister has ever set foot in the Ministry of Magic, for reasons most succinctly summed up by ex-Minister Dugald McPhail (term of office 1858-1865): ¿their puir wee braines couldnae cope wi¿ it.¿¿ ¿ J.K. RowlingPottermore Presents is a collection of J.K. Rowling¿s writing from the Pottermore archives: short reads originally featured on pottermore.com with some exclusive new additions. These eBooks, with writing curated by Pottermore, will take you beyond the Harry Potter stories as J.K. Rowling reveals her inspiration, intricate details of characters¿ lives and surprises from the wizarding world.… (more)
Member:joeeasterly
Title:Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists (Pottermore Presents, #2)
Authors:J. K. Rowling
Info:Pottermore from J.K. Rowling (2016), Kindle Edition, 63 pages
Collections:Fiction & Literature

Work Information

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists by J. K. Rowling (2016)

Another gem from Rowling! It's been so many years since I first read Harry Potter. And yet the magic of the books remains. Even in these barely there booklets, Rowling rolls out the magic of Harry's world. Reading about Umbridge and Slughorn transported me instantly to the original story and gave me closure regarding these characters, closure that I never knew I sought. Once again, I was flabbergasted by the amount of research Rowling seems to have done while naming her characters.
If only I had a hard copy as well! ( )
  Chandna_Agarwal | Apr 8, 2022 |
Lovely companion to the books.

While the majority of this writing is freely available on the Pottermore website, it's nice having them easily accessible in this ebook companion.

As its own piece of writing, it's a wonderful addition to the books and a welcome expansion of the backstory. ( )
  thoroughlyme | Apr 23, 2021 |
This is more for the fans than for anyone else, but if you are a fan, it's awesome to read about the background of the books and how detailed the people and world is in J. K. Rowling's mind. ( )
  RankkaApina | Feb 22, 2021 |
• Oh umbridge is a nasty little lady alright? She is pure evil from the day she was born.
• Quirell was weak and I feel pity for him.
• Peeves is fun , I mean life at hogwarts would be more fun if there is a ghost that likes to trouble everyone in a no harm way.
• Hermione is the queen!! She brew polyjuice in 2nd year when even the older witches and wizards are scared to use it. She has always been a great inspiration. One thing J.K. Rowling did great was to create such strong and amazing female characters.

But I am still sad that the author of such great book is transphobic. ( )
  Vibha_V | Feb 18, 2021 |
Not really short stories as character bios, but good for all that. I liked seeing some background on the some of the baddies and the not so baddies, the grey folks like Slughorn.

Definitely a good read if you like to get additional information about main characters like Dolores. :)

bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Harry Potter (Companion, Pottermore Presents 2)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,161,575 books! | Top bar: Always visible