Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by…

Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book (original 2017; edition 2019)

by Jennifer Donnelly (Author)

Smart, bookish Belle, a captive in the Beast's castle, has become accustomed to her new home and has befriended its inhabitants. When she comes upon Nevermore, an enchanted book unlike anything else she has seen in the castle, Belle finds herself pulled into its pages and transported to a world of glamour and intrigue. The adventures Belle has always imagined, the dreams she was forced to give up when she became a prisoner, seem within reach again. The charming and mysterious characters Belle meets within the pages of Nevermore offer her glamorous conversation, a life of dazzling Parisian luxury, and even a reunion she never thought possible. Here Belle can have everything she ever wished for. But what about her friends in the Beast's castle? Can Belle trust her new companions inside the pages of Nevermore? Is Nevermore's world even real? Belle must uncover the truth about the book, before she loses herself in it forever.… (more)
Member:mandyp50
Title:Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book
Authors:Jennifer Donnelly (Author)
Info:Disney Press (2019), Edition: Reprint, 352 pages

Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly (2017)

Two sisters, Love and Death, make a wager that one of them is determined to win by any means.

This story takes place during a period of time between the Beast giving Belle his library, and the “Something There” sequence. Belle begins to recognize that the Beast’s character goes deeper than just the monster who imprisoned her father and then herself, and decides that he could even be a friend. Meanwhile, an enchanted book opens a portal to a different realm where she is free to live the life she has always dreamed of, and may even give her the chance to reunite with her father! But you know what they say about things that seem too good to be true…

I thought this was going to be a pretty childish and cheesy book, and it was a little bit, but not nearly to the extent that I was expecting. It’s actually a really lovely little chapter of the tale, and I’ll be keeping and rereading it for sure! ( )
  vvbooklady | May 5, 2021 |
An ok story. The author liked to mention Belles' brown boots, which are not something she wears in the animated movie. I got a little annoyed with Belle. For such a smart character she was acting pretty dumb. The end was predictable. ( )
  nx74defiant | Jan 14, 2021 |
A Beauty and the Beast, Disney, Lost in a Book an Enchanting Original Story by Jenifer Donnelly is beautiful. Sincerely, look at the cover. I love it!

Now the story itself is interesting, if you enjoy the Disney movie. It honestly reminds me of the Beauty and the Beast Christmas Special. Well written, just not on a high level. Perfect for the 8-12 year old range, and a good addition to my Beauty and the Beast book collection.

This story is engaging and fun to read, and very young adult. In the best way possible. But, if you do not enjoy reading young adult, I would not recommend this book.

Personally, I liked it. And the cover. Oh, the cover. Glad to add it to my collection, and will happily recommend it to all of my friends! ( )
  Sandeen | Feb 7, 2019 |
I really enjoyed this Beauty and the Beast tale! Although I have to say I was a little confused in the beginning trying to see where we were in the typical well-known version of the story. Once I got into the book a little I really enjoyed the twists of the well-known characters, as well as some others. A cute and quick read for fans of Beauty and the Beast! ( )
  kstadt929 | Nov 10, 2018 |
It's a great book for early teens, but still great for any age. It's a tale of friendship and learning a hard lesson. Has heart wrenching moments and some creepy things happen toward the end! Loved it all around. ( )
  Zaria37 | Apr 25, 2018 |
For every girl who wants to write her own story
Prologue: Once upon forever, in an ancient, crumbling palace, two sisters, Love and Death, played their eternal game.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,609,662 books! | Top bar: Always visible