Bookburners: The Complete Season One by Max…

3.5/5 stars.

[I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review.] ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
Read # 1.1-1.4 of 1.16. I just didn't find it that interesting. ( )
  natcontrary | May 21, 2018 |
This series is great fun. The episodic format (a "monster of the week" plot alongside longer story arcs, reminiscent of TV series plotting) works really well here, since the team always has missions to go on. I liked the main characters, all complex people with their own motivations. There were a lot of surprise twists I didn't expect. Will definitely be continuing with Season 2! ( )
  lavaturtle | Sep 12, 2017 |
I heard rumbling about this Serialbox series, and added it to my list. There was a sale recently where you could pick up all of Season 1 for $3 or something, so I took the plunge.

I was halfway through the season before I was hooked. Before that, I'd rate this maybe 2 stars, but now I gotta give it 4. I'm hooked, and am trying to justify spending $20 on Season 2.

This isn't Dresden Files, this isn't October Daye. This is The Librarians meets Warehouse 13 meets Eureka. ( )
  adamwolf | Aug 29, 2017 |
Another multi-author world helmed by Gladstone. The Vatican has a secret division dedicated to protecting humanity against magic; Sal, a NYC cop, gets sucked in when her brother reads a book he really shouldn’t have read. Danger, gore, office politics, and other troubles follow. Some interesting ideas, but like many serials it was probably more exciting in serial form—that was a lot of pages all at once. ( )
  rivkat | May 25, 2017 |

Max Gladstoneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dunlap, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lafferty, Murmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Slattery, Brian Francismain authorall editionsconfirmed

"Magic is real, and hungry. It's trapped in ancient texts and artifacts, and only a few who discover it survive to fight back. Detective Sal Brooks is a survivor. She joins a Vatican-backed black-ops anti-magic squad--Team Three of the Societas Librorum Occultorum--and together they stand between humanity and the magical apocalypse. Some call them the Bookburners. They don't like the label"--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,919,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible