Labor Day Hunt by Calvin Demmer

Labor Day Hunt

by Calvin Demmer

323,068,839 (4)None
Recently added bymisspider, lesindy, Calvin_Demmer

This was a fast read, not only because it is a short story, but because of its fast pace and ongoing action. However, the in-depth introduction of the main character and the desperate circumstances leading to this fateful situation made it feel almost like a novel, though a very short one. I pitied our involuntary hero because of all he went through for his noble intentions, and in the end it was all for nothing. Thumps up for this entertaining and surprising story.

(I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review) ( )
  misspider | Sep 15, 2016 |
Jared needs money, and accepts a job at a mysterious warehouse. When he arrives there, he thinks he is going to be a caterer to some rich men. Well, there's more to the job than that, and Jared is soon fighting against monsters.

This was a great short story. Things go dark fast, and the writing is very engaging. There is action, and lots of it.

I was given a free copy for an honest review. ( )
  lesindy | Sep 7, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Calvin Demmer's book Labor Day Hunt was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Calvin Demmer is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,389,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible