Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Rookie Move

by Sarina Bowen

Series: Brooklyn Bruisers (1)

The first novel in a sexy new series featuring the hockey players of the Brooklyn Bruisers and the women who win their hearts. Hockey player Leo Trevi has spent the last six years trying to do two things: get over the girl who broke his heart and succeed in the NHL. But on the first day he's called up to the newly franchised Brooklyn Bruisers, Leo gets checked on both sides, first by the team's coach-who has a long simmering grudge, and then by the Bruisers' sexy, icy publicist-his former girlfriend Georgia Worthington. Saying goodbye to Leo was one of the hardest things Georgia ever had to do-and saying hello again isn't much easier. Georgia is determined to keep their relationship strictly professional, but when a press conference microphone catches Leo declaring his feelings for her, things get really personal-really fast.… (more)

Second chance romance, sports themed. Good story. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
I go between a 3-4 here. Super entertaining but didn't quite tip the scales into a 4 star book for me.

Let's discuss the cover model. If I saw THAT in real life, I'd be terrified.

It's a second chance romance without too much focus/jealousy/issues from the "off" time. That was nice. It dealt with some serious emotional issues without getting bogged down. A sprinkle of humor, a great hero, a determined heroine and we have all the makings of a solid 3-3.5.

I just missed a certain magic. ( )
  samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |
It was really cute, but it didn't capture my attention like other Sarina's books did before. ( )
  primordialnyx | Jun 24, 2020 |
Rookie Move is a steamy second chance/sports romance that I couldn't get enough of.
Leo Trevi and Georgia Worthington haven't seen each other in six years since she broke up with him at graduation. Now, Georgia's a publicist for the Brooklyn Bruisers and Leo just so happens to be the teams newest player - shocks all around. To make matters worse Georgia's father is the new coach and he's certainly not a fan of Leo's.

I absolutely loved the push and pull between the two. Even after six years the chemistry between them is still hot as ever. Georgia wants to keep things strictly professional but that proves to be much harder than she expects and even though she broke Leo's heart, he refuses to let her go a second time.

Can't wait for Hard Hitter because...O'Doul! ( )
  maebri | Mar 10, 2020 |
Enjoyable romance even for a non-hockey fan. I enjoyed Brooklynaire more. The characters were a little more unique for me in that one. But this one has the same feel of real modern life that that one had. I'm planning on reading the whole series. This was the first book in the series. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Apr 27, 2019 |

Sarina Bowenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Audio, BlackstonePublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Engle, RockNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zanzarella, NicolNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,610,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible