Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen

Rookie Move

by Sarina Bowen

Series: Brooklyn Bruisers (1)

Link to full review below! So freaking good!! Just read this book!! If you need convincing, check out my review. But really, just trust me and READ THIS BOOK!! See full review on The Book Disciple ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
Rookie Move
Brooklyn Bruisers, Book 1

I Picked Up This Book Because: I’ve enjoyed other books by Ms Bowen and wanted to explore more.

The Characters:

Leo Trevi:
Georgia Worthington

The Story:

It took me over two months to get this book read. That’s not to say it wasn’t a good story but it wasn’t a story that made me want to read it. Hell even the last 30 pages last night were a struggle. I can’t even pinpoint the main reason for my disinterest. The storyline was interesting, the characters were fine though Leo is being recalled a little flat. I just don’t know. I stuck with the uphill climb so I must have found something appealing.

Leo and Georgia are high school sweethearts separated by the tragic aftermath of Georgia's rape while she was away at tennis camp. Cut to 6 years later and they’ve been thrown back together by the young, might be psychic, billionaire Nate Katz (Katzenberger???).

The Random Thoughts:

I really hope we see Silas again in future books.

2.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 28, 2017 |
I really enjoyed "Rookie Move" by Sarina Bowen. I was sad to finish the Ivy years series, so when I read that there was a "spin off" series, I was very excited to continue with one of the characters from the series. Rookie Move was another great story line with relate able real life characters and the writing was so well done, per the usual Sarina Bowen novel. If you haven't had a chance to pick up her books, I would highly recommend anything she has written. You can certainly read this novel without having read the Ivy Years series, but why not read that too... you won't be disappointed.
Happy Reading...enjoy! ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
I don't read many romance books, because I'm not a fan of their formulas. But if they have hockey in them, I'll give them a try. I'm glad I gave this one a read. I loved the fictional team and culture that Sarina created here. The accounts of games and team dynamics was so great to get to know. I actually really loved their seemingly all-knowing techy boss. And the teammates were fun and realistic without distracting too much from the overall story.

I enjoyed getting to know Georgia and Leo as well. I liked the idea of their relationship rekindling, especially as Leo was still head-over-heels in love with Georgia but she had been the one to end their relationship. And their chemistry was fantastic, even when they were pretending it didn't exist. The situation of both of their jobs (for different reasons) being rather temporary would have made any relationship difficult, but when you're childhood sweethearts and broke up because of the emotional strain after a rape, it makes for a roller coaster of a story.

I love Doulie and Silas and Becca and even the coach (even though he was being kind of a jerk for a while, it was because he loved his daughter). There were a lot of different relationships and emotions at play, which made it a fun read.

It wasn't a work of great literature, but it wasn't as bad as some hockey romances I've read. And I definitely had a good time reading it. I look forward to the next in the series as well.

Pop Sugar Reading Challenge: The first book in a series you haven't read before ( )
  katekintail | Jun 6, 2017 |
This was a great hockey romance. I really enjoyed how much hockey really took place in the story. I also really enjoyed the plot, the characters, and the writing.

Leo, oh my heart, Leo. Leo is a man of dreams. He is not your typical bad boy sports player and I actually loved that about him. He was still believable, and I think his character was done well. He was a great heartthrob character.

I also enjoyed the relationship between Leo and Killer. I liked how they knew and dated each other in the past so it was not an instant romance troupe. I liked seeing their relationship from High School leading up to their current relationship. I do think there HS romance seemed a little intense and was more geared towards college, but it still worked.

This also has some heavy subjects such as rape. It does not really go into detail, but shows how such a devastating event can change your life.

I cannot wait to start Hard Hitter to follow more of these characters. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Apr 10, 2017 |

Sarina Bowenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Audio, BlackstonePublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Engle, RockNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zanzarella, NicolNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0399583432, Mass Market Paperback)

The first novel in a sexy new series featuring the hockey players of the Brooklyn Bruisers and the women who win their hearts—from the USA Today bestselling author of the Ivy Years series.

In high school they were the perfect couple—until the day Georgia left Leo in the cold...

Hockey player Leo Trevi has spent the last six years trying to do two things: get over the girl who broke his heart, and succeed in the NHL. But on the first day he’s called up to the newly franchised Brooklyn Bruisers, Leo gets checked on both sides, first by the team’s coach—who has a long simmering grudge, and then by the Bruisers’ sexy, icy publicist—his former girlfriend Georgia Worthington.

Saying goodbye to Leo was one of the hardest things Georgia ever had to do—and saying hello again isn’t much easier. Georgia is determined to keep their relationship strictly professional, but when a press conference microphone catches Leo declaring his feelings for her, things get really personal, really fast....

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 02 Sep 2016 20:53:16 -0400)

On the first day he is called up to the newly franchised Brooklyn Bruisers, professional hockey player Leo Trevi gets checked on both sides, first by the team's coach, who holds a long-standing grudge, and then by the team's publicist, his former girlfriend, Georgia Worthington, whom he still loves. Saying goodbye to Leo was one of the hardest things Georgia ever had to do. georgia is determined to keep their relationship strictly professional, but when a press conference microphone catches Leo declaring his feelings for her, things get really personal really fast.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,153,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible