Mississippi Blood: A Novel (Penn Cage…

Mississippi Blood: A Novel (Penn Cage Novels) (original 2017; edition 2017)

by Greg Iles (Author)

Member:eclipse75048
Title:Mississippi Blood: A Novel (Penn Cage Novels)
Authors:Greg Iles (Author)
Info:William Morrow (2017), Edition: First Edition, 704 pages
Tags:fiction, thriller, September 2017

Mississippi Blood by Greg Iles (Author) (2017)

I have long been a fan of Iles, and despite the grisliness of these stories, I thoroughly enjoy the tale that has been unfolding. #6 was daunting because it is a big, fat book. I listened to the audio because I just fall into bed and that book would have hurt me when it fell on my face! Reading in bed has its risks.

The sordid tale of the open secrets that haunt us and keep us from moving forward was more about the trial of Penn's father than past evils. Yet the tales of the past inform the present, and this story wraps up things nicely. It isn't light reading, but if you like the series, you should enjoy this book. ( )
  ptkpepe98 | Jun 11, 2018 |
Brilliant. Violent. Intense.... I feel spent and drained after finishing this trilogy. Bottom line is that there is an amazing amount of love and goodness in the world but there will always be "race" ugliness. It's not just black and white; even Native American Indian tribes warred against each other. It's good versus evil on an individual basis. When I retire next year I plan to reread the books all in one sitting! ( )
  juju2cat | Feb 24, 2018 |
Finally, the end of this lengthy saga by Greg Iles. Greg Iles does a wonderful job with setting, characters, and dialogue; but each of the three novels remain too long. Iles compels the reader to remain reading as if on a marathon and everyday life fades away. I felt that many issues had not been fully resolved as the novel ended. The trial of Tom Cage labored forever to this reader, and so much emphasis given to tiny detail. The corrupt police department seemed to constantly win the battle, a statement that evilness wins, and goodness loses. Many of the truths seem hidden, especially Viola's death. ( )
  delphimo | Feb 4, 2018 |
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! So good it makes me want to scream! The tension has been building throughout the series and this is a perfect culmination. Isles is a master at character development and describing action. I love that Penn is not a noble character who always does the right (lawful) thing,..he does what's necessary to protect his family. One of the best thrillers I've ever read! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ( )
  Brava10 | Nov 25, 2017 |
Well worth the time. ( )
  1chilidawg | Nov 13, 2017 |
For Betty and James Iles, who came out of tiny southern towns and climbed books like stairs to rise. Thank you for everything.
Grief is the most solitary emotion; it makes islands of us all.
By tweet and Facebook post dated 2/1/2016, Iles announced: "The new title of Book 3 of the trilogy is no longer Unwritten Laws, but 'Mississippi Blood.' "

"The exhilarating, highly anticipated final volume in the epic trilogy featuring Penn Cage from #1 New York Times bestselling author Greg Iles"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,062,835 books! | Top bar: Always visible