Blaze

by Suzanne Wright

Series: Dark In You (2)

For those who need more Harper and Knox . . . there's Blaze! Defeat the enemy. Win the boy. Live happily ever after. But life "ever after" isn't as easy as it used to be. Harper's gone from being a member of a small demon lair to co-Prime of one of the most powerful lairs in the US with a mate who, though hot as hell, is just a mite overprotective - I mean, you get kidnapped by dark practitioners just once . . . Then one of Knox's demons goes rogue, and in his madness decides Knox Thorne must die. Harper's worried. Knox isn't - at least until he discovers his mate's willingness to get between him and danger. Now, Knox has a new priority: Keep Harper safe . . . no matter what it takes. But Harper begins to suspect there's more danger than one rogue demon. It seems the combined strength of Harper and Knox has upset the balance of power in the demon world and there are those who are determined to right that wrong. Because when you move up the food chain, sometimes the other predators just want to take a bigger bite. Praise for Suzanne Wright: "Unique, original and very entertaining." Ramblings from this Chick "It's been two minutes since my last fix and I need Suzanne Wright to give me more" Edgy Reviews… (more)

ayoshina | Oct 2, 2020 |
I cannot remember when this book came out, but I gobbled it up the second it was released. I LOVE this series and these characters. The hero is on fire and the heroine really can take care of herself. (This is a point of contention between the two.) You need to have read Burn before you pick this book up, but it will be worth the wait. This particular story is a continuation of the love story in the first book. The h/h are still finding their feet in their relationship. I think that's why I enjoyed it so much. The secondary characters are strong and the action is solid. Do yourself a favor and grab this one and the first book in the series. ( )
  JordanSummers | Mar 31, 2020 |
Demon/person persona.

This is a really engaging read, I enjoyed this not quite as much as the first but was a close call ,Knox is well Knox and Harper is her usually feisty I am my own person self, I like the fact that she is also sensible when it comes to Knox's security concerns for her, this story set the pages alight with its bedroom antics was a very sexy read, sits here fanning myself all in all a well written fun read I will look forward to the next. ( )
  carpathian1974 | Nov 7, 2019 |
Demon/person persona.

carpathian1974 | Nov 7, 2019 |
Blaze is the second book in the Burn For You series. Now you would think that this would be Harper and Knox’s happy ever after right? They defeated their enemy, Harper won her boy and now its live happily ever after….well it doesn’t always work out that way and Knox and Harper are going to be in the fight for their lives. Harper’s life has just become even more complicated. What was once a very simple life has grown into being a co prime in one of the largest and powerful lairs and it doesn’t help that her mate is way overprotective.

In Blaze Harper and Knox are living in their happy ever after….learning each other and living life together and having some hot crazy sex of course. But when one of Knox’s demons goes dangerously rogue who wants to destroy Knox and Harper because he fears them having a child together and what that child would become. So Knox and Harper are searching for him and it doesn’t help that the rogue has kidnapped Harper’s birth mother and some members of her step family blame her for it. Even though Knox is becoming even more overprotective with his demon riding him hard on it, what he doesn’t realize is that he and Harper will have to work together to defeat their enemy.

I found this book to be such a vibrant continuation of the first book “Burn”. I love their interactions including some fun ones from the Wallis family and LUCIFER!! Now seriously Lucifer is not what you would expect…he suffers OCD, is crazy funny and sweet sometimes and not as bad boy as you would expect at times. I love seeing Knox and Harper battle it out in the iron wills and of course the bedroom. Some of their sex scenes are crazy HOT!! So just to warn you, I do believe that this series is probably the steamier of all of her books that I have read so far. I think all I need to say is “Psychic fingers” and your ovaries might explode hehe But no I love seeing their relationship just grow and become stronger and seeing them learn some valuable lessons in honesty and relying on each other’s strengths.

“Just because you’re, like, super powerful doesn’t mean people shouldn’t defend you.” But he was looking at her like she was a cute harmless little bunny that was obviously on drugs. She sighed. “You’re still not fearing my mighty wrath.”
“I’m trying.”
“One day I will unleash it and you will flee in terror. Why are you laughing? It’s only the truth. A sphinx in full-on berserker-mode can wreak major destruction and instill fear into the hearts of all who… stop laughing!”

Now I will say that one thing I have really loved about these books so far is the surprises!! I never know who the true villain will turn out to be and the one in Blaze is someone I didn’t expect AT ALL!! I mean I was shocked, fell off my seat type of shocker so that earns Suzanne Wright with many brownie points in my book. I love a story that will shock me and she did great work in doing that because the villain is the last person you would expect it to be. This is also the book where we learn about the four horseman whose plan is to bring down the primes so that they can have control over the demon in the U.S and bring chaos and feed their thirst for power.

I do say that you NEED to read these books in order though to get the full grasp of the full story going on. Of course, Suzanne Wright does a decent job in giving the reader background information on what has occured previously, but I do think its prudent to read these books in order, you can thank me for it later *xoxo*

Overall I found Blaze to be a vibrant and full of life and spice romance with danger and intrigue to be revealed and a growth of the relationship between Knox and Harper that will knock your socks off! ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 6, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,435,960 books! | Top bar: Always visible