A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns…

A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, 3) (original 2017; edition 2020)

by Sarah J. Maas (Author)

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's manoeuvrings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit - and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords - and hunt for allies in unexpected places. In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.Contains mature content. Not suitable for younger readers.… (more)
Member:Hannah17C
Title:A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, 3)
Authors:Sarah J. Maas (Author)
Info:Bloomsbury Publishing (2020), Edition: New, 736 pages

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas (2017)

English (109)  Piratical (1)  All languages (110)
Sarah J. Maas writes the perfect "new adult" fantasy novel in my opinion. Her books are fast moving, her characters are engaging, and ger storylines draw you in and won't let you go until the last page. A Court of Thorns and Roses is my favorite series she writes. Her books will always be an immediate read for me no questions asked. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
My heart was not ready for this book. It was so good! ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
I was sure that no book could match up to ACOMAF and I wasn’t wrong, especially so soon after I finished it. I started ACOWAR immediately after because I didn’t want to let go of the amazing characters, not yet.

ACOWAR starts exactly after ACOMAF ends. Feyre is now the High Lady of the Night Court living in the Spring Court, waiting to wreak havoc on the people who betrayed her. After this part, most of the remainder of the book deals with building alliances among the various Courts, Feyre mastering her powers and finally forging unlikely bargains with monsters to take on the King of Hybern and his massive army.

I absolutely loved the first part of the book when Feyre was in the Spring Court. Her sly planning and cunning to take down Ianthe and Tamlin and destroy the court from within was awesome to read. I also loved that Feyre started to trust Lucien a little because I have always liked his character. Most of the other parts of the books are either full of planning or filled with action packed moments. My love for Feyre and Rhysand only grows and grows and their relationship and trust is stronger than ever.

My absolute adoration for the dreamers is still intact and their fighting skills during the war take badassery to a whole new level. I somehow could never warm up to Nesta. Even if she did everything to protect Elain and did finally fight in the war, I can never forgive her for the way she treated Feyre. I don’t know where her story goes next but I am never going to be one of those Nessian shippers. I really like Lucien with Elain because they both deserve a love which is more sensitive rather than fierce.

The ending felt a bit rushed because too many things happened in too short a time. But I liked it, cried buckets of tears and then jumped with joy when everything turned out okay. On the whole, the book packs a lot of plot and action and is a fine finale to this wonderful series. I really hope the upcoming novellas feature my favorite dreamers but I also hope I will still get a glimpse of Feysand. ( )
  ksahitya1987 | Aug 20, 2021 |
All I can say is WOW.

I am a victim of Maas destruction - this book had me feeling all of the feels and my tears ran freely at the end. It has been so long since I have found a book that made me feel this attached to characters. I couldn't find enough time in the day to keep reading this book, and I couldn't have asked for a better ending. It tied up all of the plot threads it needed too while still leaving room for additional books. ( )
  sedodge | Jul 28, 2021 |
The book is way too long, may be that I am getting tired of the series. The author drones on and on about certain events, but skim and skip on others. Also, the author can't seem to let any the main characters die off. ( )
  Baochuan | Jun 25, 2021 |
For Josh and Annie - A gift. All of it.
The buzzing flies and screaming survivors had long since replaced the beating war-drums.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,430,767 books! | Top bar: Always visible