Wrong for Me (Motor City Royals) by Jackie…

Wrong for Me (Motor City Royals)

by Jackie Ashenden

115820,536 (3)None

Levi's character is probably not one that you are going to like straight off. He's hard, mean and a real a**h*** to Rachel. Oh yeah, Rachel has given him plenty of ammunition to be ticked off at her. But all that rage and regret (yes, and you will come to know why when you read the book) has blinded him to the fact that everything changes. Nothing is static and nothing stays the same. People change, dreams change ergo lives change. And initially Levi is a little hard to digest for most readers, but then if you have read ANYTHING from Jackie Ashenden, you will know that her characters are amongst the most twisted and complicated of characters. So before you pick up this take a BIG dose of your favorite literary antacid and get reading, because I can assure you that he will redeem himself and there is a pretty sweet HEA in there at the end.

I received an Advanced Reader's Copy from NetGalley for voluntary review consideration. ( )
  Ash_P | Nov 30, 2016 |
An angry, angsty, sexy romance- Levi and Rachel scorch the pages, and their stories, though unique, don't leave too many surprises. Levi was a borderline jerk throughout most of the first half, and I wish they had gotten back to good long before they did. Ashenden has a sarcastic wit that made it for me though, I had to laugh in quite a few places. I was looking forward to seeing how their story culminated, and am curious to see Gideon and Zoe's tale as well.
*I received an arc from NetGalley for an honest review ( )
  KimMcReads | Nov 16, 2016 |
We finally got to meet Levi, who had been in prison during the last book. He started out as a real jerk. Understandable coming from his position. Rachel was a little scared of him throughout the book at times and I would've been the same way. Levi's moods switched back and forth so many times. I think when they finally clicked into place, they were great together. Just waiting for the next book so we can get a peek at where their relationship is at.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | Nov 16, 2016 |
Disclosure: I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was the first book I have read by this author, and this is the 2nd book in the Motor City Royals series but can definitely be read as a standalone.

Levi is back and determined to punish Rachel in some kind of twisted punishment because she's the reason why he spent 8 years in prison and didn't visit him even once. This is a well-written book with an interesting plot, but I couldn't totally connect nor feel the chemistry between the main characters. I get that both of them have been damaged by their pasts. I understand that Levi's a changed man and full of anger after spending almost a decade in prison, but his attitude towards Rachel and his friends, ticked me off. Rachel on the other hand..... I feel bad for her, for what she had gone through, but still I couldn't connect to her even after learning her secret, what she had done when she was younger in order to work on her dreams. She was bitchy and pretending to be tough and all, but she couldn't stand her ground more.

There's a scene that made me go back to the previous pages to check if it really happened right after an emotional scene.... Don't get me wrong. I like sexy reads, and this book will definitely give you hot sexy times, but then that scene when Rachel confessed her secret to Levi was an emotional one. What happened afterwards? He asked her what's her hottest fantasy, and I was like.... what? After spilling her heart out, crying, confessing of the mistakes she made when she was younger, Levi had to ask that kind of question? then of course what happened next was.... well, I would've say it's kind of erotic if that happened after a different situation.

This book is not what I expected it to be. It's hard to read a book with characters you doesn't like, and that's how I felt, although there were some parts in the storyline that I did like. This is a story about two broken people, who were able to build up again their relationship which was almost beyond repair after the shitty things they've went through. It's also about acceptance of what happened in the past and for the things that never happened, and being able to move on from all of it with the help of friends.

The plot has kept me going to finish this book despite the fact that I couldn't really get myself like the main characters. This was a tough book to read for me, and definitely wasn't for me, but don't let my personal opinion deter you from reading this book. ( )
  bookishailurophile | Oct 27, 2016 |
A great story. Levi has just been released from prison, and wants revenge and his target is his former best friend Rachel, who let him down when he needed her most when he was charged with murder, and she never came to see him while he was locked up. The story is very intense, and Levi has 8 years of anger to unleash on Rachel as the man he murdered was attacking her.
The Motor City Royal gang are there and are glad to see Levi but I can understand his feelings towards Rachel...and his way of dealing with them though were unique, and Rachel did show guilt I'm glad to say. This is a hard, gritty, sad story, of a man who's anger has kept him waiting, and waiting for his revenge, so he can find finally peace, and his love.
A fantastic story, I really enjoyed it. ( )
1 vote JulieD2 | Sep 12, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,879,584 books! | Top bar: Always visible