His Cowboy Heart by Jennifer Ryan
Ford Kendrick has often dreamed of the day that Jamie Keller would come home to Montana. After high school, she needed to leave, and he, duty-bound to rescue his family's ranch, pushed her to go. The Army made Jamie a hero, but Ford still sees the gorgeous, loving woman who lit up his whole world. Every day since she left, Jamie has longed for Ford. One glimpse confirms it: the sexy, dangerous-looking cowboy left a hole in her heart that nothing else can fill. Yet the battle scars she bears inside and out won't let her trust anyone enough to get close. Ford wants to bring Jamie back to the life they dreamed of building. But locked somewhere in her memories is a dark truth that threatens her safety. It's a battle Ford won' let her fight alone, not when he's determined to keep her by his side, now and always.… (more)

Link to full review below! Emotional and gut wrenching story of second chances! See full review on The Book Disciple ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
I have read many books where the male lead is the one coming back from a war and suffering from PTSD. Yet, I rarely read about the female lead being the war hero. That is what drew me to pick up this book and read it. I will tell you I read in one day. Yes, this book is a one day read! His Cowboy Heart took me on an emotional roller coaster with great characters!

I loved both Ford and Jamie. The sweet nickname that Ford has for Jamie, I could not help but melt at the love behind it. The nickname is "Firefly". In addition, I just loved how Ford did not push Jamie to heal quicker and acknowledged both her physical and emotional scars. He was not turned off by either of them.

Author, Jennifer Ryan did a wonderful job of not shying away from the topic of PTSD in this book. She brought the subject matter to the front which I appreciated. PTSD is real and people need to be aware of PTSD. As the author highlights in this book, it does not just affect the person (Jamie) but all of those around the person as well (Ford). The first time that Ford and Jamie made love, I had a smile on my face. Because, they were meant for each other and I could see Jamie starting to let her guard down. ( )
  Cherylk | Feb 23, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,742,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible