Miss Frost Ices the Imp by Kristen Painter

This case lacked a lot from the first one – there was no intensity or sense of real danger. I also felt the author seemed a lot more interested in Jayne’s love life than I was. It took up a lot of book and I felt the mystery lacked the substance it needed to keep me engaged.

The book was also almost “syrupy” sweet in context. Everybody seemed okay with everything and no one got mad or upset which seemed out of character for some the of Nocturne Falls characters. I just wasn’t engaged in this one. The mystery lacked any excitement and I’m not a fan of love triangles. The author relied way too heavily on the latter to carry book since the mystery was obviously lacking.

Good things I enjoyed were the inclusion of many of the Nocturne Falls characters from other books. I also loved the nicknames Grayson and Cooper used for each other even though they both a little “too okay” with the situations.

The narrator was good but I wish these books could be co-narrated. Hollis McCarthy has nailed the Jayne Frost characters such as Jayne, Grayson, Cooper and the store elves but BJ Harrison owns the voices of the Nocturne Falls citizens. But Hollis’s narration of the Nocturne Falls character wasn’t bad but it wasn’t BJ’s either.
  TVNerd95 | Jul 6, 2019 |
I fell in love with Kristen Painter's Nocturne Falls romance novels and was delighted she continued to write stories in the town! The Jayne Frost mysteries have all of the delight of the romances but you get to watch a character grow and develop over multiple books instead of just one. I am excited to see what happens in the next book!
  beyerkat | Sep 11, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,299,146 books! | Top bar: Always visible