Wild Mind: Living the Writer's Life (1990)

by Natalie Goldberg

An inspirational, practical, and often lighthearted guide on how to find time to write, how to discover your personal style, and how to make sentences come alive Natalie Goldberg, author of the bestselling Writing Down the Bones, shares her invaluable insight into writing as a source of creative power, and the daily ins and outs of the writer's task. Topics include balancing mundane responsibilities with a commitment to writing; knowing when to take risks as a writer and a human being; coming to terms with success, failure, and loss; and learning self-acceptance--both in life and art.   Thought-provoking and practical, Wild Mind provides an abundance of suggestions for keeping the writing life vital and active, and includes more than thirty provocative "try this" exercises as jump-starters to get your pen moving.   This ebook features an illustrated biography of Natalie Goldberg, including rare photos and never-before-seen documents from the author's personal collection.… (more)

English (12)  German (2)  All languages (14)
I made it about halfway through. There are some okay moments, but for the most part, it is too fluffy for my taste. Also, I am getting tired of reading books about writing. ( )
  cygnoir | Jun 27, 2020 |
I highly recommend this book - Love how Natalie touches upon many aspects of being a Writer! ( )
  KPhotoWrtr2 | Sep 12, 2017 |
I have to agree with everyone that this book started out great. There was some good advice here and there; the best thing about the book is that it really motivates you and encourages you, giving you hope. However, sometimes Natalie seemed a bit far fetched and off track. Although this book offers motivation, it doesn't offer technique or suitable advice. A wonderful book to have to read once or twice, but not for eleven dollars... ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
All I can say is that I am going out today to buy my writer's notebook. ( )
  asomers | Apr 15, 2016 |
This morning, I read five chapters and finished Wild Mind. I was immersed in Natalie Goldberg's writing. I love this woman. Her writing is rich and beautiful.She is really a gifted writer. Each chapter brought to life an analogy or personal reflection. I enjoyed gleaning the nuggets she shared throughout the book.

I'm eager to start her first book called Writing Down The Bones.

Wild Mind by Natalie Goldberg is a great book which I highly recommend to all writers on any level. There is something for everyone in this book.

To read more of this review, please visit http://www.ordinaryservant.com/?p=1077
  pvarsenec | Sep 20, 2012 |
For Virginia Maclovia, my old Talpa friend
and Carol Souter, my traveling partner
For fifteen years now, at the beginning of every writing workshop, I have repeated the rules for writing practice.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,336,920 books! | Top bar: Always visible