Death on Windmill Way (Hamptons Murder…

Death on Windmill Way (Hamptons Murder Mysteries) (Volume 1)

by Carrie Doyle

521,436,638 (4)None

4.5 Stars - Death on Windmill Way is the first book in a new cozy mystery series. The book is set in East Hampton during the off season, which then means it’s set in a small little town. I love cozy mysteries about small little towns.

Antonia has recently just moved to the Hamptons, bought the Inn, and opened up the Inn’s restaurant. During service one night she finds out that all of the Inn’s previous owners have had suspicious deaths and it gets her investigating into them. Then odd things start happening at the Inn and she’s worried that someone is out to get her next.

The cast of characters are really good and I actually guessed “who done it” fairly early on (although I started to second guess myself near the end!). The only thing that I didn’t like about the book is that the author is very detailed in her descriptions, which made this a longer read. I know some people like very detailed books, but I would have liked a little less.

Overall though, I will definitely read the next book and I definitely recommend it to my fellow cozy mystery lovers. ( )
  Maggie.Chavarria | Mar 6, 2017 |
Not just a new beginning, but a new enterprise sends Antonia Bingham from her life in California to the East Coast at the urging of her best friend Genevieve. The East Hamptons, although bustling with summer people 100 days of the year, turns into regular small town in the off season. Antonia's new inn/restaurant are struggling as any new business will, with vendors, staff, hours and ideas constantly looked at. Belatedly, she learns of the 'curse' of the inn, and with her interest piqued, Antonia can't help but investigate the two most recent innkeepers deaths. A wide variety of well described characters and suspects appear, with everything leading to a Poirot-like summons at the end. Doyle seems to tie the cozy genre to a bit more meatier mystery, hope there is more to come. ( )
  ethel55 | Nov 18, 2016 |

The Hamptons are known for beautiful beaches, luxurious living, millionaire mansions, and now...murder!

Antonia Bingham, a renowned chef and the new owner of East Hampton's Windmill Inn, escaped to the Hamptons to get away from a harrowing past. Yet now she finds herself in more danger than ever when she discovers the inn's previous owners may have been victims of murder. Will her overly inquisitive personality be her downfall as she digs up secrets in her attempt to solve the crime?

In the first book of the Hamptons Murder Mystery series, bestselling author Carrie Doyle Karasyov (The Right Address; Wolves in Chic Clothing) brings readers behind the scenes for an exclusive glimpse of life within one of the most spectacular playgrounds of the rich and famous. Antonia's investigation weaves through the lives of the celebrities, year-round locals and the wealthy summer residents who all call the Hamptons home in her quest to reveal a dangerous killer.

Prepare a hearty snack and snuggle in for this compelling but cozy page-turner with mouth-watering food descriptions, nail-biting scenes of suspense, a winning heroine, and a captivating cast of characters who are sure to entertain readers for years to come.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 04 Oct 2016 03:08:53 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,238,841 books! | Top bar: Always visible