The Adventures of Isabel by Ogden Nash

The Adventures of Isabel

by Ogden Nash

The feisty Isabel defeats giants, wishes, and other threatening creatures with ease.

I was familiar with (most of) the Isabel poem from the Random House Book of Poetry for Children; this version gives the poem its own book, complete with an extra verse, additional lines, and full color illustrations by James Marshall (Miss Nelson Is Missing). ( )
  JennyArch | May 14, 2019 |
I really liked this book for young children, the rhythm and rhymes make the story fun and catchy and I think it is a really good book to read to children who feel scared and it can inspire them to be brave. I also think it is a potential book for children to memorize and read along. ( )
  ljsaavedra | Feb 25, 2014 |
This book is about Isabel overcoming her fears. When a monster or mean thing says they are going to do something to her, Isabel just does it to them first. This book encourages its readers to overcome their fears by facing those fears.
  aelambert | Sep 24, 2009 |
tons of fun to read aloud! great vocabulary and rhythm
  CrunchyGranola | Nov 27, 2005 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,750,711 books! | Top bar: Always visible