The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

The Angel Experiment (edition 2007)

by James Patterson

After the mutant Erasers abduct the youngest member of their group, the "bird kids," who are the result of genetic experimentation, take off in pursuit and find themselves struggling to understand their own origins and purpose.
Member:DCarlin
Title:The Angel Experiment
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Publisher Unknown (2007), Paperback
Collections:Currently reading, Your library, Wishlist (inactive), To read, Read but unowned (inactive), Favorites
Rating:***
Tags:james patterson, adventure, young adult, fantasy, science fiction, bird children, maximum ride series, maximum ride, experiment, angel

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, Book 1) by James Patterson

English (220)  Italian (1)  All languages (221)
very good book, it sucked me in from the first line...Lots of action, lots of weird crap going on, and they most definitely leave you hanging so it's a must to go get the next book just so you know what happens next. Angel is becoming a spoiled brat since they saved her...I think these kids are in for a rude awakening once they find their parents. EEK! ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
Found it to be a bit draggy but some parts were good though. Didn't expect the ending and looking forward to the second book ( )
  YukiNatsuo | Oct 27, 2019 |
"3.5 out of 5 stars! I really wasn't sure what to expect at first with this book. But once I got started I couldn't stop! Kind of written..."

Read more of this review and a TEASER here: https://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/05/made-grade-maximum-ride-serie... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Jan 29, 2019 |
THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I'VE READ MAX RIDE.

If you don't know the basic plot of Max Ride, then go away, becuz I don't want to talk to you.

The Characters
MAX: Max is a very believable character. She's also a raging bitch. it works on her.
ANGEL: is really, really creepy. Also, I don't understand if the Max-and-Angel Relationship is meant to me a mother-daughter thing or a sister thing.
NUDGE: is pretty much one of my favorite characters. She's never stops talking. in that way, she is much like me. :)
FANG: in the dictionary, beside hot, there is a picture of Fang.
ARI: Everyone hates Ari. I love Ari. Admittedly, Ari does try to kill them all repeatedly, but only because Max bullied him when they were little. And then his dad kind of abandoned him. And let's keep in mind, even though he seems all grown-up, he's only seven. that's only one year older than Angel. Despite all of Angels creeptastic-ness, people still love her.
All Ari needs is to be loved. Love him. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
This book was awesome and was full of adventure. A brief summary of this book would be, At a very young age 6 children where taken from there families by mad/crazy scientists and where taken to a place called the School. At the school they got avian DNA put into them giving the wing and other power's. After they had time for there bodies to adjust to the avian DNA they were take away from the school by a scientist called Jed Batchelder (who later was thought to be dead but really he just went back to the school). The children names where Max of Maximum (female) who was 14, Fang (male) age 14, Iggy (male and blind do to experiments on his eyes) age 14, Gasman (male) age 9, Nudge (female) age 12, and Angle (female and able to not just read but control peoples minds) age 8. So later after Jed "died" the Erasers came after Angle. The Erasers were human-lupine and only were able to live for 10 or so years. Later the Erasers captured the whole flock and locked them up in cages at the school, well all except for Gasman who came to rescue them accompanied by a huge flock of 20 or so golden eagles. They escaped but didn't live happily ever after. They were still on the run.

I rated it a 5 out of 5 because it's full of action, adventure, and surprises. I also rated it a 5 out of 5 because, it's a wonderful read and its full of unexpected out comes and it's the right type of book for me. I love all of the comedy, humor, and it just makes you want to laugh out loud until you cry. You can easily tell the amount of time, effort, and thought that was put into this work of art. I also love the amount of heroism and respect they have for each other. This book is one of the best books that i've read in my life. My favorite part was when she (max) found out that Jeb was still alive and working for the enemy and decided to give him a little something I like to call a Knuckle Sandwich. So that's my brief summarization, and the reason that I rated it a 5 out of 5. ( )
  EthanR.B2 | Sep 26, 2018 |
Patterson occasionally forgets his audience here, as evidenced by his sardonic tone and such glib adult asides as "they found their prey: moi," but he's picked a comfortable formula (orphans protecting one another and making a home together), which he's cushioned with an abundance of slavering beasts, childhood heartaches, and unresolved issues...
added by khuggard | editBooklist

As with Patterson's adult mystery thrillers, in-depth characterization is secondary to the fast-moving plot.
added by khuggard | editSchool Library Journal

Suzie and Jack,
MaryEllen and Andrew,
Carole, Brigid, and Meredith

Fly, babies, fly!
The funny thing about facing imminent death is that it really snaps everything else into perspective. Take right now, for instance.

WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE.
Do not put this book down. I'm dead serious—your life could depend on it.
I'm risking everything by telling you—but you need to know.

STRAP YOURSELF IN for the thrill ride you'll want to take again and again! From Death Valley, California, to the bowels of the New York City subway system, you're about to take off on a heart-stopping adventure that will blow you away....

YOUR FAITHFUL COMPANIONS: Max, Fang, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel. Six kids who are pretty normal in most ways—except that they're 98 percent human, 2 percent bird. They grew up in a lab, living like rats in cages, but now they're free. Aside, of course, from the fact that they're prime prey for Erasers—wicked, wolflike creatures with a taste for flying humans.

THE MISSIONS: Rescue Angel from malicious mutants. Infiltrate a secret facility to track down the flock's missing parents. Scavenge for sustenance. Get revenge on an evil traitor. And save the world. If there's time.

Thriller-writing sensation James Patterson, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller When the Wind Blows, invites you on a quest full of nonstop action, adrenaline, mystery, and suspense. Want to come along for the ride?

PREPARE FOR LAUNCH: THESE PAGES FLY.

From the bestselling author of When the Wind Blows and The Lake House comes the fastest, smartest, strongest (and funniest) heroine since superheroes were invented...the incredible, indescribable MAXIMUM RIDE.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,601,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible