Games Without Frontiers

by Joe Kennedy

7None1,927,286 (4.5)None
Is soccer inherently political? What does soccer actually mean today? Games Without Frontiers seeks force us to think about what we mean when we say 'soccer'. Along the way, it skewers media cliches about footballers and fans, considers the sport's implications for radical politics and aesthetics, and situates the 'working-man's game' in relation to twenty-first century discussions of political authenticity. Written half as a travelogue, this book seeks to protect football from some of its would-be saviors without ever losing sight of what it means to have a fan's investment in the game.… (more)

No reviews

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,022,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible