The Unyielding by Shelly Laurenston

The Unyielding

by Shelly Laurenston

Listened to Audio. Stieg is a Raven and Erin is a Crow. While very funny, these two just seem to bump into each other and hang out for most of the first have of the book. Outrageous and neurotic characters gives lots of laughs even if the love story seems secondary. Very torn on rating this story, if I wasn't expecting a love story I'd rate it higher but I think that part of the story just didn't work for me. Huge disconnect, however the action and adventure were pure entertainment.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
I love this series! Very cleverly done indeed!! Fresh, different and full of action...highly recommend! ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
fun & fast ( )
  Janicemo | Aug 19, 2018 |
Thanks to Goodreads and the publisher for a free copy of The Unyielding! Honestly, I don't know what I was expecting out of this book (and I mean this in the best possible way), but there is no way I could have anticipated the plot that I got. Vikings, dragons, goats, larger than life characters. Compeling, and definitely the most unexpected book I've read in awhile. ( )
  bucketofrhymes | Dec 13, 2017 |
Unyielding by Shelly Laurenston
Call of Crows #3

I believe that this is a book better read after having read the previous books in the series. This was my first book by this author so my review reflects that fact.

There were many entities and ideas to remember and juggle while reading this action-packed and sometimes steamy book. The fantasy world is well created, populated with intriguing characters, has an explicit mythology, has a well-defined evil to thwart and a whole lot more going on. I had trouble getting into the story and then following it (perhaps since I have not read previous books). That said, I am sure that those who love paranormal-fantasy-romance-Viking mythology starring a quirky strong immortal female character that falls for a nice hunky immortal male will truly love this book.

I am rating this in two ways:
For me: 3 Stars
For someone really into this genre: 4-5 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Mar 31, 2017 |

Publisher Annotation: New York Times bestselling author Shelly Laurenston capitalizes on her trademark humor and kick ass attitude in this third installment of the Call of Crows series, which features a band of tough-as-nails female warriors resurrected from the dead and the alpha males who aren't afraid to give them a taste of their own medicine. Call of crows series, (Original), 400pp.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,293,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible