Darling Dark: (Infernal Regions One)

by Natalie Bennett

Series: Infernal Regions (1)

921,711,412 (3.5)None
*Warning: this books contains a deeply flawed unapologetic alpha male. He's narcissistic, possessive, and more than a little deranged.*Trapped in a dark world inhabited by savages and ruled by the corrupted --Duvessa finds herself bound to a tyrant. Day in and day out she bears witness to just how cold and vicious her husband-to-be truly is. His iron fist rule strikes fear in the masses. Reyes is ruthless and volatile --he incites both fear and inexplicable passion among those in his wake. Just as her feelings for the seductively cruel Reyes begin to grow, she learns nothing is as it appears to be. With already so much to fear, could there be something darker, more sinister lying in wait?… (more)

This review was written for LibraryThing Member Giveaways.
I truly enjoyed this book. The book takes us through a story about a demi-demon princess named Duvessa Vasiel and her two friends, Amethyst and Jacinda, as they are taken to Reyes, the king of Purgatory.

Although this sounds like the beginning of a story where things are not as bad as they may appear, that is not the case in this story. When we are first introduced to the king, Reyes, we are shown just how little life means to him. Duvessa watches as he quickly spouts off what to do with the others in front of her. Auctions, death, and mutilation. Then when Duvessa and her friends are brought up in front of the king and his two brothers she assumes she will be killed immediately, but instead they are kept alive. A little later in the story we find out that the king has decided to keep Duvessa for himself. Terrified of being alone with someone like the king, Duvessa tries her best to stay strong. While reading this story I found myself continuously cheering for Duvessa, pushing her to stay strong, to not allow this monster to see her weakness. As we learn more about Duvessa and Reyes a twist gets thrown into the story. I won't give away any spoilers but I applaud the author for choosing this twist.

We also get to hear about Amethyst and Jacinda during the story (Duvessa's two friends). I, personally, enjoyed reading Jacinda's story. The two friends were paired up with the king's two brothers. I would like to hear more about these two stories moving forward.

As I said in the beginning I truly enjoyed this book and cannot wait to continue this story in the next book. Having said that I do feel like there could have been a little more detail although there was enough to get my emotions involved. I am intrigued to read the next book of this series. ( )
  Mmollett | Dec 15, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Member Giveaways.
NSFW!!! There was absolutely no warning whatsoever that this book was NSFW. It completely caught me off guard.

If you like rough sex, a hot antagonist, and a fantasy feel, this book is perfect for you. It has an interesting storyline that's captivatingly mesmerizing in many ways.

I, on the other hand, do not enjoy this genre of books. So I will not be finishing this book. But besides the rough sex scenes, the story itself isn't too bad. ( )
  vvlynn | Nov 29, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

Natalie Bennett is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,113,745 books! | Top bar: Always visible