Truman Gritt has just been released from prison after spending time for a crime he did not commit and steps up to care for the children his mother left behind after she died of an overdose. He is offered help from Gemma Wright but seriously doesn't know if his dark past can stand the bright light of a future with Gemma.… (more)

I am not ashamed to say that I cried quite a bit while reading Tru Blue. Ms. Foster, went for the gut with Truman and Gemma. Tru was complicated. Just when I thought I had a read on him, he threw me off course again. From family man to convicted felon, to sensitive soul, there were many sides to this warrior. He had the heart of a lover but the soul of a fighter. His need to protect those he loved, forced him to make some tough decisions. In trying to do the right thing, he changed the course of so many lives and sacrificed the most precious parts of himself. Gemma is his redemption. She's his conscience when he loses his way, his helper when he needs it and his biggest fan when he loses faith. Tru Blue is more than a romance, it is a story of love, a story of hope and a story of courage. 10 stars.

Copyright of Night Owl Reviews

Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
Gemma Wright just needed to be needed, after growing up with wealthy ice cold parents. But after her father took his own life and her mother abandoned her even more, Gemma was determined that that life wasn't going to be for her. And Gemma was lucky to find everything she wanted in Peaceful Harbor, especially after a chance meeting with Truman.

Truman would do anything for family, he even went to jail for them. But when he found his mother dead of a drug overdose, his brother Quincy, high as a kite! And two siblings, who he had never known. So Truman took Lincoln and Kennedy to the safety of his home and left Quincy with a stiff warning.

Despite all of their differences between them, love blooms, until family tries to separate them! Can they manage to stay together?

Wow! What an amazing book! One that moved me to tears. The story and writing, was everything I have come to love and expect with a Melissa Foster book. It has just the perfect amount of darkness and light and the characters were simply divine.

But oh! The characters were simply divine; Truman is brave and strong, and his desire to put his siblings wellbeing above himself, blows my mind and warms my heart. Gemma is such a sweet women, whom just wants to be loved. Kennedy and Lincoln were both so stinking cute! That you can't help but love the rest of the crew! And I can't wait for Bears story!!

I give Tru Blue 5 stars!
  Cara_Ross | Dec 2, 2018 |
Oh my stars!! This story....the feels, man!!! Truman is fresh out of prison and wants nothing to do with his brother or mother. Seriously, Tru is one of those perfect book boyfriends. He has this dark past, but as you learn more about it and him, you only love him more! For anyone wondering, the kids are Tru's siblings, not his own children. So, no OW drama.

The part of the story I struggled with was the relationship between him and Gemma. Its like meet straight to love. There isn't much development in their relationship. However, Tru is so amazing, if I were Gemma and had the chance to snatch him up, I might move at light speed too...just saying. But, the build up of a relationship is a bit absent in this story

Overall, the story isn't as angsty as I expected. Its more sweet and filled with adorable moments (between Tru and Gemma and with the kids!). If you want a book that will just make you swoon and smile, this is the perfect read! ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
Review coming soon! ( )
  pcorrea3 | Dec 19, 2016 |
I absolutely am over the moon in love with this book! I loved every moment of this book from Truman, Gemma, and the two children, Kennedy and Lincoln; to the passion smothering between Truman and Gemma. I can't forget to mention Quincy, Bullet, Bones, Bear, Dixie, and Crystal. They were all great as well. So glad to hear that they will each get their happy endings as well.

My heart just melted every time that Truman interacted with Kennedy and Lincoln. He was so protective of them. It was easy to see how Gemma fell hard for Truman. In addition, I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that Gemma owned a Princess shop and dressed up as different Princesses. She showed that you are never too old to dress and act like a Princess. Tru Blue is definitely a recommended read! ( )
  Cherylk | Nov 12, 2016 |

Melissa Foster is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Melissa Foster chatted with LibraryThing members from Oct 1, 2009 to Oct 15, 2009. Read the chat.

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,399,400 books! | Top bar: Always visible