All the Weyrs of Pern (Dragonriders of Pern…

All the Weyrs of Pern (Dragonriders of Pern Series) (original 1991; edition 1992)

by Anne McCaffrey

Series: Renegades of Pern (5), Pern (9th pass)

For generations, dragonriders had dedicated their lives to fighting Thread, the dreaded spores that rained from the sky to ravage the land. Now Masterharper Robinton and F'Lar and Lessa, Weyrleader and Weyrwoman of Benden Weyr, have excavated Pern's original settlement, uncovering a computer that has news for them: they can annihilate Thread forever!… (more)
Member:marphod
Title:All the Weyrs of Pern (Dragonriders of Pern Series)
Authors:Anne McCaffrey
Info:Del Rey (1992), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback
Tags:Novel, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Library

All the Weyrs of Pern by Anne McCaffrey (1991)

English (24)  Dutch (1)  All languages (25)
The usual McCaffrey ride with extra twists thrown in. As I was reading this again for maybe the third time, I wonder if the Dragonriders thought they would be obsolete if thread no longer fell? Read this book to find out. Then read her and her son's other offerings. I've never seen another author touch this ladies' brain for spinning a tale that does fantasy, science fiction, romance, and comedy all at once without sacrificing the story in the process. ( )
  bdinsman | Sep 10, 2020 |
2019 reread via audiobook narrated by Mel Foster (bought from Audible) ( )
  leslie.98 | Jun 18, 2019 |
Finally, back to the story line! Enough with the repeating and retelling of the same story, LADY!! I swear she got at least three times the mileage out of this series as was necessary. If I'd have been one of the ones waiting breathlessly for the next Pern book to come out I'd have been pissed when it ended up being one of those lame "retelling" books! This one however, was finally back on to the story line and I quite enjoyed it. Even if she did kill off one of my beloved characters. But, he was really, really old so she was going to have to do it sooner or later. I guess I can accept that.

I stayed up way too late finishing it, now I'm exhausted. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
It is hard to suspend your disbelief with these books, as some whacky dragon magic is juxtaposed w/ space ships. Some of the science was insufficiently researched. Things w/ lots of mass may be weightless in 0 gravity, but they still have all their mass, hence all their inertia. It is still possible to derive some pleasure from the intricacy of the story and from the adorableness of the white dragon. Next, "Dolphins of Pern"! ( )
  themulhern | Jun 8, 2019 |
I really loved the way this book tired into Dragonsdawn I think it tide the story up nicely. I particularly liked the conclusion to Master Harper Robinson's story. I really found AIVAS refreshing because usually the artificial intelligence is the bad guy and trying to take over the world rather than trying to save it. The more I read the Pern books the more I see a wonderful story about the land even more than any one character. It did seem to go a little bit slowly in some places but overall it was a great book. I would definitely recommend this book to any fan of the Pern books. ( )
  AngelaRenea | Jan 12, 2019 |

Whelan, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Pern (9th pass)

Belongs to Publisher Series

This book is most respectfully dedicated
to
Doctors Jack and Judy Cohen
who have enriched my life so much
The Aivas felt its sensors responding to a renewal of power from the solar panels on the roof above it.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,521,925 books! | Top bar: Always visible