How to Live a Good Life: Soulful Stories,…

How to Live a Good Life: Soulful Stories, Surprising Science, and Practical Wisdom (edition 2018)

by Jonathan Fields (Author)

"Seriously. another book that tells you how to live a good life? Don't we have enough of those? You'd think so. Yet, more people than ever are walking through life disconnected, disengaged, dissatisfied, mired in regret, declining health, and a near maniacal state of gut-wrenching autopilot busyness. Whatever is out there isn't getting through. We don't know who to trust. We don't know what's real and what's fantasy. We don't know how and where to begin and we don't want to wade through another minute of advice that gives us hope, then saps our time and leaves us empty. How to Live a Good Life is your antidote; a practical and provocative modern-day manual for the pursuit of a life well lived. No need for blind faith or surrender of intelligence; everything you'll discover is immediately actionable and subject to validation through your own experience. Drawn from the intersection of science, spirituality, and the author's years-long quest to learn at the feet of masters from nearly every tradition and walk of life, this book offers a simple yet powerful model, the "Good Life Buckets"--spend 30 days filling your buckets and reclaiming your life. Each day will bring a new, practical yet powerful idea, along with a specific exploration designed to rekindle deep, loving, and compassionate relationships; cultivate vitality, radiance, and graceful ease; and leave you feeling lit up by the way you contribute to the world, like you're doing the work you were put on the planet to do. How to Live a Good Life is not just a book to be read; it's a path to possibility, to be walked, then lived"--… (more)
Member:natkatjac
Title:How to Live a Good Life: Soulful Stories, Surprising Science, and Practical Wisdom
Authors:Jonathan Fields (Author)
Info:Hay House Inc. (2018), Edition: Reprint, 256 pages

Work Information

How to Live a Good Life by Jonathan Fields

Have you ever gone through life at what feels like highway speeds? Do you feel as though your life has no promise or value? Do you find yourself in situations where you feel a lack of control? How to Live a Good Life is a self-help book on finding your center. It is written by a man named Johnathan Fields.

The book proper uses three main arc chapters in the form of buckets. These ideas are trademarked, but I think it is only if you call them that. It is no big deal though.

There are three buckets. Vitality for your personal well-being, Connection for interpersonal relationships, and Contribution for how you affect the world. The ideas require a great deal of self-exploration. It presents believable scenarios that could resonate with you. Waking up to an alarm is something that many people must go through. However, what follows is a sad life of wakefulness. Why would you want to live a life where you are beholden to everyone and have nothing to yourself?

The book uses a collection of anecdotes, science, and folksy wisdom to enlighten and entertain. The book was printed in 2016, but it doesn’t have information that can be dated, instead offering timeless wisdom and practical advice. The ultimate goal of the book is to engender joy and satisfaction with your life. I think it does a pretty good job of all of that. ( )
  Floyd3345 | Jun 15, 2019 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,050,895 books! | Top bar: Always visible