Astrophysics For People In A Hurry by Neil…

Astrophysics For People In A Hurry (edition 2017)

by Neil deGrasse Tyson (Autor)

"The essential universe, from our most celebrated and beloved astrophysicist. What is the nature of space and time? How do we fit within the universe? How does the universe fit within us? There's no better guide through these mind-expanding questions than acclaimed astrophysicist and best-selling author Neil deGrasse Tyson. But today, few of us have time to contemplate the cosmos. So Tyson brings the universe down to Earth succinctly and clearly, with sparkling wit, in tasty chapters consumable anytime and anywhere in your busy day. While you wait for your morning coffee to brew, for the bus, the train, or a plane to arrive, Astrophysics for People in a Hurry will reveal just what you need to be fluent and ready for the next cosmic headlines: from the Big Bang to black holes, from quarks to quantum mechanics, and from the search for planets to the search for life in the universe"--… (more)
Member:Andrew_Molboski
Title:Astrophysics For People In A Hurry
Authors:Neil deGrasse Tyson (Autor)
Info:W. W. Norton & Co (2017), Edition: 01

Work Information

Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson

We Have No Idea: A Guide to the Unknown Universe by Jorge Cham (themulhern)
    themulhern: Both have a lightish treatment of similar topics. I think "We Have no Idea" has more verve, though.

English (113)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (114)
Great book. Listened to the audio version... Never realized how soothing Neil deGrasse Tyson's was until now. Had to rewind several times because of it. ( )
  ennuiprayer | Jan 14, 2022 |
Aborted attempt; hated it ( )
  dualmon | Nov 17, 2021 |
This book does a spectacular job at making a complex matter understandable. There are also pop culture references sprinkled throughout the book that engages the reader. I would have this book as an introductory piece for explaining what gravity truly it. ( )
  CourtneyFink | Nov 17, 2021 |
Fascinating look at the cosmos. Tyson writes is a style that a layperson can understand while at the same time respecting the reader's intelligence. His writing style is the opposite of stilted, as he is pretty irreverent at times and mixes in references to pop culture from time to time, making it more fun to read than any book pertaining to astrophysics has a right to be.

The audiobook version is very worthwhile as he narrates it himself and his expressive baritone is very enjoyable to listen to, as any viewer of his Cosmos series knows. ( )
  usuallee | Oct 7, 2021 |
He keeps writing the same book over and over agbain ( )
  FredBubbers | Sep 26, 2021 |
(Interview of Neil deGrasse Tyson by Stephen Colbert about the book, on YouTube).

Neil deGrasse Tysonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Tyson, Neil DegrasseNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Garceau, PeteCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Liu, IngsuArt Directionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The universe is under no obligation
to make sense to you.

—N D T
For all those who are too busy to read fat books

Yet nonetheless seek a conduit to the cosmos
In the beginning, nearly fourteen billion years ago, all the space and all the matter and all the energy of the known universe was contained in a volume less than one-trillionth the size of the period that ends this sentence.
The world has persisted many long year, having once been set in appropriate motion. From these everything else follows. Lucretiius, C 50 BX

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,316,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible