Fallout: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I.…

Fallout: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels) (edition 2017)

by Sara Paretsky (Author)

Member:CNeedham
Title:Fallout: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels)
Authors:Sara Paretsky (Author)
Info:William Morrow (2017), Edition: First Edition, 448 pages
Rating:**1/2

Fallout: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels) by Sara Paretsky

To clients seeking her talents as a detective, she's V.I. And her new case will lead her from her native Chicago... and into Kansas, on the trail of a vanished film student and a faded Hollywood star.

Accompanied by her dog, V.I. tracks her quarry through a university town, across fields where missile silos once flourished — and into a past riven by long-simmering racial tensions, a past that holds the key to the crimes of the present. But as the mysteries stack up, so does the body count. And in this, her toughest case, not even V.I. is safe.
  Gmomaj | Nov 4, 2017 |
One of Paretsky's best. V.I is not in Chicago for this adventure, but she is still at the top of her game. A wonderful read that took me just the weekend. OK, I did stay up until nearly 3am reading one night. I love to find books I can't put down. ( )
  LeHack | Sep 19, 2017 |
I loved this book taking V.I. out of her Chicago comfort zone and putting her smack in the middle of America—Kansas. Paretsky has woven a story about two missing people that encompasses the racial history of Lawrence Kansas. As a rural small town girl, Paretsky was right on track with local citizen suspicion of outsiders. Although at times, I though the story line was a little convoluted, it only added to the challenges VI faced. ( )
  brangwinn | Aug 6, 2017 |
Good book. like her as a detective and interesting story in different location. I even like her dogs. Always a bit long and maybe for a detective she does not demonstrate good judgement. ( )
  shazjhb | Jun 14, 2017 |
V.I. is out of element, searching for 2 Chicagoans who have gone missing in a small Kansas town. As the dead bodies and unanswered questions around her mount, she realizes that there is much more at stake and that stumbling over the truth of something that happened 35 years ago may have forced her clients into hiding. ( )
  lilibrarian | Jun 5, 2017 |
FOR SUE BOWKER
With thanks for many things, including your support for this book
"The police say it was drug-related, ma'am. They think August was stealing to deal." Angela Creedy spoke so softly I had to lean forward to hear her.

P.D. JAMES called her "the most remarkable" of today's suspense writers.

STIEG LARSSON loved her work so much, he named her in his novels.

And now SARA PARETSKY returns with the most extraordinary novel of her legendary career: FALLOUT.

Before there was Lisbeth Salander, before there was Stephanie Plum, there was V.I. WARSHAWSKI. To her parents, she's Victoria Iphigenia. To her friends, she's Vic. But to clients seeking her talents as a detective, she's V.I. And her new case will lead her from her native Chicago... and into Kansas, on the trail of a vanished film student and a faded Hollywood star.

Accompanied by her dog, V.I. tracks her quarry through a university town, across fields where missile silos once flourished -- and into a past riven by long-simmering racial tensions, a past that holds the key to the crimes of the present. But as the mysteries stack up, so does the body count. And in this, her toughest case, not even V.I. is safe.

Exciting and provocative, fiercely intelligent and witty, FALLOUT is reading at its most enjoyable and powerful.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 16 Nov 2016 20:54:15 -0500)

V.I. Warshawski travels to Kansas to investigate the disappearances of a young film student and a faded Hollywood star, but long-simmering racial tensions stir up more mysteries as the body count rises.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,380,355 books! | Top bar: Always visible