Origin

by Dan Brown

Series: Robert Langdon (5)

Robert Langdon, Harvard professor of symbology and religious iconology, arrives at the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao to attend the unveiling of a discovery that "will change the face of science forever". The evening's host is his friend and former student, Edmond Kirsch, a forty-year-old tech magnate whose dazzling inventions and audacious predictions have made him a controversial figure around the world. This evening is to be no exception: he claims he will reveal an astonishing scientific breakthrough to challenge the fundamentals of human existence. But Langdon and several hundred other guests are left reeling when the meticulously orchestrated evening is blown apart before Kirsch's precious discovery can be revealed. With his life under threat, Langdon is forced into a desperate bid to escape, along with the museum's director, Ambra Vidal. Together they flee to Barcelona on a perilous quest to locate a cryptic password that will unlock Kirsch's secret.… (more)

English (142)  German (4)  Spanish (2)  French (1)  Catalan (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Estonian (1)  All languages (154)
Not as action packed as the previous installments, not a lot of the famous Langdon code breaking. Red herrings and a couple of storylines which didn’t seem too important, especially at the end. Very intricate set up as always with real world settings and information interwoven with fiction. Slower build and burn with a less dramatic payoff. Still well written. ( )
  The_Literary_Jedi | Jun 11, 2021 |
It's been a long while since I've picked up a good old-fashioned potboiling pageturner. I'd forgotten how much silly fun they can be. Very much in the same vein as the earlier Robert Langdon books, so if those entertained you, this one probably will too. ( )
  JBD1 | Jun 3, 2021 |
Typical Dan Brown, spins a good story about religion, artificial intelligence and the age old question of evolution versus creation. Listened to audio book and was very engaging for a long drive. ( )
  kheders | Apr 20, 2021 |
Same old formula. Not as interested as earlier works. The quality seems to be going down and down. ( )
  xumit | Apr 14, 2021 |
4* Some of the science in this book was a little over my head, but overall I enjoyed the fast paced story even though I was able to predict certain parts of the story which actually surprised me for a Dan Brown book. Overall this was a fun. But didn't have much thought full sub substance to it. ( )
  courty4189 | Mar 24, 2021 |

Dan Brownprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sappinen, Jorma-VeikkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. Joseph Campbell
In Memory of My Mother
As the ancient cogwheel train clawed its way up the dizzying incline, Edmond Kirsch surveyed the jagged mountaintop above him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,971,518 books! | Top bar: Always visible