Loch Ness Revenge by Hunter Shea

Loch Ness Revenge (edition 2016)

by Hunter Shea (Author)

Info:Severed Press (2016), 149 pages
Collections:Your library, Read, Read in 2016, Horror
Tags:Horror

Loch Ness Revenge by Hunter Shea

I enjoyed Loch Ness Revenge, it felt rather like watching an old creature feature and laughing at the ridiculousness and unbelievability of what was going on.

There was a lot of humour and usually I'm not a fan of humour in horror unless it's sarcasm, but in this case, it worked and I enjoyed it. I want to say I found it rather cheesy at times, but I'm not sure if it was supposed to come across as such. I know there is a lot of humour throughout the book but I felt the whole package was rather comical, perhaps it's because I know the Loch Ness area well. There is no way any of the goings on in the loch could go unnoticed, and there's no way you could fire weapons and not have the armed response unit turn up pretty quickly. You'd be locked up in no time! And, sure it rains a lot in Scotland, but if we were to stay indoors every time there was a heavy rain storm, or the weather was bad, we'd all starve in our homes. Another day, another storm, welcome to Scotland!

All in all, Loch Ness Revenge was a fast, fun, and easy read and I read it in one sitting. I did have to make a point of not taking it seriously and to just enjoy the madness. Which is something I usually find hard with this kind of story, but not in this case. ( )
  Scarlet-Aingeal | Dec 9, 2016 |
Review copy

More monster mayhem from a guy who's, as good as, or better than anyone currently writing in this horror sub-genre.

Hunter Shea has already given us stories about Bigfoot, The Montauk Monster, The Dover Demon and more recently The Jersey Devil and now The Loch Ness Monster. Makes you wonder where he's headed next.

Twenty years ago, Natalie McQueen, her brother, Austin, and their parents were on vacation in Scotland, camping by the infamous Loch Ness.

"We can't go to Scotland without spending some time at Loch Ness," my father had said. "Maybe we'll even see the monster!" Be careful what you ask for.

Natalie has spent the last twenty years searching, waiting, planning her revenge. That's a long time to hold a grudge, but the events that occurred on that camping trip have never left her. It's rare that a night goes by that she doesn't wake in terror from her dreams.

Loch Ness Revenge is a story which moves at a fever pace and can easily be read in an evening or two. Hunter has a gift for silly similies, too. Stuff like "...tension tighter than a Kardashian butt lift." It's good to have some humor in this tale or the tension could get to be too much.

Loch Ness Revenge is available in paperback and e-book formats from Severed Press. If you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited you can read it at no additional charge. Also, if you are an Amazon Prime member you can read it for FREE using the Kindle Owners Lending Library.

Totally recommended.

From the author's bio - Hunter Shea is the product of a childhood weened on The Night Stalker, The Twilight Zone and In Search Of. He doesn't just write about the paranormal - he actively seeks out the things that scare the hell out of people and experiences them for himself.

In my Cemetery Dance review of Hunter's apocalyptic thriller, Tortures of the Damned, I wrote, "A terrifying read that left me wanting more. I absolutely devoured this book!"

Living with his wonderful family and two cats, he's happy to be close enough to New York City to get Gray's Papaya hot dogs when the craving hits. His daughters have also gotten the horror bug, assisting him with research, story ideas and illustrations that can be seen in magazines such as Dark Dossier. ( )
  FrankErrington | Nov 18, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,161,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible