Real

by Katy Evans

Series: REAL (1)

Brooke Dumas has reinvented herself after a shattered Olympic dream and is now a sports rehab specialist. Dragged to watch an underground fight by her best friend, Melanie, she never expected her life would change when she met Remington Tate "Riptide" - a famous underground fighter who has danger written all over him. Given his reputation, she's convinced he's only interested in a one night stand when he summons her backstage but he hires her as his sports rehab specialist instead. Traveling together, Brooke's physical and emotional attraction to the enigmatic Remy tests her boundaries. She wants him more than she's wanted anything in her life, but he's holding off for more than the casual sex she's ready to give him. He wants something real, but first Brooke needs to know every part of him--even the dark secret he'd prefer to keep hidden.… (more)

Real is the first book of Katy Evan’s MMA fighters series. Real is based on this infamous couple Remington “Remy” and Brooke. It starts off with Brooke coming to a MMA fight, that her friend dragged her to. Remy is the top prize fighter, and normally she barely looks at men. She doesn’t like flings and doesn’t do relationships much. But she is fascinated by Remy, and he looks straight at her in a way she has never felt before. But she knows he is bad news, until he comes after her. Their exchange is pretty intense and she wonders if she will ever see him again. Then she is taken to his hotel room with a job offer, to be his phsyical trainer to prevent future and occurring injuries. She has recently graduated but hasn’t received any offers and so she says yes. And thus begins their powerful story.

From a man who fights like crazy, arouses me like no other, is the sexiest thing I’ve ever seen. From the man who plays me sexy music, gives me his t-shirt to sleep in, protects me as fiercely as a lion, and yet won’t take me when I’m naked and trembling in his arms…

Remy and Brooke are pure chemistry together, Katy Evans knows how to write chemistry. Because its not about sex…its so much deeper than that. And seriously I felt my heart literally skip beats while reading their story and I couldn’t get enough. Remy is a complex character for sure. His parents had him committed when he was just a teenager and he suffers from a intense form of bi polar. You see how drawn he is to Brooke as is Brooke to Remy. They have their ups and down in this book, but it was such a powerfully written book. I love that their relationship builds and focuses on the real aspects. I found their romance to be intense and explosive and heart wrenching!!! They have become one of my top couples to read ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 20, 2019 |
Emotion is very high in this series about an underground MMA fighter who falls for a woman who was a world class runner, but lost her chance at the Olympics due to a career ending injury. She is looking for a new life and career and he provides one for her. Their desire for each other goes beyond simple want or even hunger; these two have a very deep need for what the other provides including physical and emotional stability. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
I've never had such a hard time finishing a book before. Just a few pages in and I was turned off. The whole thing was ridiculous. The dialogue, which was mostly non-existent was godawful. I am most certainly positive that Remington Tate is a caveman and not in the "He's a guys, guy sense". But in the non-verbal grunting and jumping around shaking his hands in the air kind of caveman. Does he know more than six words? And don't get me started on Brooke. She was not believable as a character. She needs a constant cold shower or some medical help for her "Clenching" problem. I hate to be a hater, but I always try to be positive about the books I read in some way but the descriptions, characterizations, whatever, etc. used in this book for me, was just overdone or tying too hard to be smexy. I was just not drawn in but very turned off by it. There was just so much internal monologue with Brooke and not enough sensible dialogue. And she just came off as some horny desperate nympho, instead of a strong protagonist who persevered through some particular life struggle. I understand crushes, obsessions, and insecurities in a character but I still want them to be strong and memorable in a positive and redeemable way and just happen to find true love in the end, sadly, Brooke was just not that in my opinion. ( )
  ItsBookishMe | Apr 20, 2016 |
I had read a lot about this book and how good it was. So why shouldn't I give it a go. Well I wasn't disappointed. From the very start I loved everything about this book; the characters, the plot and the setting.

Real is the first book in the real series about Remington Tate (Remy, Riptide) and Brooke Dumas. Remy wants Brooke from the very first moment that he sees her in the crowd at one of his underground fights and he is always one to get what he wants. Instead Brooke thinks that he only wants to hook up and next thing she is working for him. That must suck so much. Yet slowly their relationship goes from being professional to something more personal.

However along the way Remy's past slowly comes to light and why he behaviours the way he does is revealed in vivid colour.

Real is about what happens when you let go of everything and just follow your heart. I really liked this book and will be onto the next one soon enough
  purpleprincess1311 | Mar 8, 2016 |

purpleprincess1311 | Mar 8, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

REAL (1)
to life, love, and music
Melanie has been shouting in my ear for the past half hour and my nerves are so frazzled by what we're witnessing, I can barely even hear anything.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,859,288 books! | Top bar: Always visible