The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to…

The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship: A… (edition 1999)

by Don Miguel Ruiz (Author), Janet Mills (Editor)

Ruiz illuminates the fear-based beliefs and assumptions that undermine love and lead to suffering and drama in our relationships. Using insightful stories to bring his message to life, he shows us how to heal our emotional wounds, recover the freedom and joy that are our birthright, and restore the spirit of playfulness that is vital to loving relationships.… (more)
Member:rvabookstore
Title:The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship: A Toltec Wisdom Book
Authors:Don Miguel Ruiz (Author)
Other authors:Janet Mills (Editor)
Info:Amber-Allen Publishing (1999), 210 pages
Collections:Nonfiction-Philosophy & Religion
Tags:philosophy, nonfiction

Work Information

The Mastery of Love by Miguel Ruiz

English (8)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All languages (11)
I liked this book, but compared to The Four Agreements, it is not as tight or tidy, so to speak. The book presents some very good points, but it is a bit repetitive at times. In other words, what he did in about 200 pages, he could have done in 100, or at least 150, without losing the essence of the message.

The main thing I took away from it was the need to look into ourselves. This is a common sense concept and important because it leads to the idea that we cannot love or respect others if we do not love or respect ourselves first. You need to be aware, then you need to work towards forgiveness, then attain love. Some of the ideas from his previous book are here, particularly the idea of not taking things personally. Very often, people do things which may seem personal but are not. Notice I say "very often." I have struggled with Ruiz's idea of not taking it personal because there are always one or two not so nice people out there more than willing to harm you. Maybe it is the cynic in me, or maybe I just need to work more on some things. Anyhow, it is a book well worth reading. I think it may be beneficial for some couples as well, but do be warned, it can get a bit wordy sometimes. And that wordiness is what made me give it just the three stars instead of four. It made the pacing go a bit slow for the reading. ( )
  bloodravenlib | Aug 17, 2020 |
  AxcellaZed | Jul 19, 2020 |
I really enjoyed reading this. A quick read but important. Certainly opened my eyes to some of the things I was doing without realizing. I can see myself reading this (Along with The Four Agreements) at least once a year as a good mental reminder on things I should and shouldn't be doing (For my own mental health) ( )
  ThriftySerendipity | Dec 12, 2018 |
This book took a while to read. Hard to understand at times because of how it's written, but overall a good book. Repetitive at times too, but I guess that's the whole point. Glad I stuck with it. Personally, what would summarize it best would be, "Life is nothing but a dream, and it you create your life with Love, your dream becomes a masterpiece of art." ( )
  Bertha_ | Aug 6, 2016 |
While this book is purported to be written by a "nagual" from an ancient lineage of shamans, the terminology is more akin to positive new thought teachings. This book is about mastering the power of love. Written in parables, it does not compare well with the works of Castaneda or Ken Eagle Feather. ( )
  drj | May 27, 2014 |
TOLTEC SHAMANISM, SORCERY AND HEALING : Mark Edwards Crow M.M.
Thursday, September 17 2009, 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Come join us for an experiential introduction to the Ancient lineage of Toltec Shamanism,healing and sorcery. Mark Edwards was a student of Don Miguel Ruiz, Carlos Castanedas circle,Victor Sanchez, Robert Moss, Luis Sanz, etc. He has coordinated Toltec circles in Chicago since 1990.and is a published author on Toltec spirituality.
On this evening we will explore such areas as , energetic awareness ,rings of power, animal teachers , Toltec healing,dreaming/stalking, earthwalking and Toltec sorcery/history.Please bring an offering of smoking Tobacco(traditional indigenous gift) if possible and an open mind.
A further four week class may organize out of this workshop if we have enough participants. Please look at the Toltec website at www.edwardsees.com
Location : life Force Arts Center, 3148 N Lincoln, CHicago
Contact : www.edwardsees.com 773 327 7224
added by tolteca | editsun times, tolteca (Feb 2, 2009)

Miguel Ruizprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eikenberry, JillReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tucker, MichaelReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Beyond Words Publishing

2 editions of this book were published by Beyond Words Publishing.

Editions: 1878424424, 187842453X

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,201,939 books! | Top bar: Always visible