My Perfect Life at Cornish Cottage: The Viral World of Sophie Bailey

by S. J. Crabb

This novel is a cosy feel good romantic comedy about love, loss and starting again.Sophie Bailey has it all or so she thinks until one day she wakes up to find that her husband of 20 years is leaving her for a younger woman.With no job, no money, no self esteem and the threat of losing her home Sophie will have to push aside her heartbreak and act fast. With a 6 year old son and wayward puppy to care for failure is not an option.As if things aren't bad enough she finds herself village gossip fodder, pursued by the mafia - playground variety, forced into servitude and resigns herself to a lifetime of shopping in Poundland. On the plus side there is the gorgeous Mr Rainford on hand to fantasise about twice a day. The only one she can count on is her totally mad friend who thinks that life is like one of the books on her Kindle.With her 40th birthday looming Sophie doesn't think that it can get any worse - she was wrong. Suddenly Sophie's life goes Viral!A bittersweet love story that will have you laughing out loud before crying into your latte. When life explodes around you who can you really count on?This is a story of shattered dreams and broken promises. When life deals you a hard blow you have no choice but to carry on. Throw in a mad dose of humour and you can get through anything. Can't you?… (more)
C (1) chick-lit-kindle (1) ebook (1) fiction (1) for-review (1) Kindle (1) MG (1) NYR (1) own (1) owned-on-kindle (1) owned-tbr (1) to-read (1)

This story starts with Sophie finding out from her husband early one morning that he wants a divorce & has found someone else. She then starts her life with her best friend & young son in tow as a newly divorced, single mother. She develops a serious crush on her son's school teacher & Daniel's compassion & sympathy only increases her desire for a man who is unavailable. I enjoyed this novel. Sophie is a developing character who expresses the spectrum of emotions as she navigates through this new territory of fighting her ex, crushing on the school teacher & trying to keep everything together & sane. I felt very relieved at the end of the book. I am not a fan of embarrassing moments but the author did a good job of rectifying the situation & ending it on a positive spin. Would definitely recommend for romance readers. ( )
  OtwellS | Jan 17, 2017 |
SJ Crabb's new book was an easy read. It was very predictable yet a delight. The familiar story of a husband suddenly leaving his unsuspecting loyal wife for a younger women is told humorously and sweetly, If anyone is looking for some romantic brain candy, I would say this book would a good choice. I loved it. ( )
  lori_sylv | Dec 8, 2016 |
Sophie is funny, sweet and endearing. I loved this book. I laughed, I cried, I cheered. ( )
  yafa2218 | Nov 25, 2016 |
This book is alot of fun! I absolutely adored Sophie who is suddenly thrown into the role of being a single mum when her husband announces that he is in love with someone else. When it rains it pours and the rumors being spread by the playground mafia aren't helping. I highly recommend this fun and warm-hearted read! ( )
  MelissaBorsey | Nov 19, 2016 |
Thanx so much for letting me read it!!! Enjoyed it and I'll read it over again many times!!! :) ( )
  jennifferhope | Nov 14, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

S. J. Crabb's book My Perfect Life at Cornish Cottage was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,485,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible