Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Managed

by Kristen Callihan

Series: VIP (2)

Sophie hits the jackpot when she was upgraded to first class on her flight to London. What she didn't realize was who her seat mate would be. Gabriel Scott, a legend in his own right as the manager of teh biggest rock band in the world. He's also an arrogant guy who looks down his nose at her. She's not prepared for his proposal, because she knows that saying yes could break her heart - or it could be the one thing she's been looking for. Let the battle begin.… (more)

Good lord this series: I just can’t—it’s so good. My stars are pretty high in that I love a lot of books and am rampant with the fives. But this book is hella over five stars it’s so amazing (extra stars are given just for putting the Angel and Spike debate to rest). Sophie and Gabriel might be one of my all time fave couples, and I will be coming back to them many more times. ( )
  spinsterrevival | Aug 5, 2020 |
I see so many DNFs in my feed in the last 48 hours, this is a DNPID, did not put it down. I kept thinking how I should savor it but nope, just devoured instead, and it was delicious.

Not my favorite of hers, but I loved it, and definitely A favorite. ( )
  samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |
Sophie Darling, has boarded a flight inbound to London for a elite job offer, all expense paid trip and how could she refuse such an opportunity especially when she is surprised to learn that her seat gets bumped up to first class with all the trimmings, except there is one downer, her seat partner is a jerk and offended that he has to sit next to her. Yeah but Sophie is not going to let Mr. High and Mighty get away with his self righteous attitude. But Sophie soon realizes the real reason that Gabriel Scott is not wanting to share the seat next to him, he is terrified of flying but Sophie is bubbly and upbeat and distracts him all the way to London. Sophie is stunned to hear that Mr. Gabriel Scott, is also her boss (kinda) and oh boy is she in trouble, because sparks fly whenever they are close together and not touching him will be torture. Gabriel has set himself apart from others, it protects his heart, and even though he has found a family in the band members, he keeps himself locked away but Sophie has a way of making him open himself up in ways he never imagined…
The Hero

Gabriel Scott is brilliant with money, enjoys his luxurious comforts and his plentiful choice of homes all over the world but keeps the emotional side of himself locked away where no one can hurt him. Gabriel was once hurt by those he once called family, and had to learn a very hard and bitter lesson in life. He found his new family among the band members, all of whom he will do anything for and protect no matter what. Gabriel is one sexy beast and I have loved his character from book one. And boy was he wonderful as the hero here. Callihan did a tremendous job with his character and I couldn’t get enough seeing more depths and grooves to him, and seeing what really makes him tick. And we see some great changes in him, from him being cold and closed off to being honest and open and laughing and sharing affection in public and what a journey.
The Heroine

Sophie Darling, has found what she loves to do and is dang good at and even though she has made a dreadful mistake in the past, she is determined to keep moving forward until that one mistake bites her in the behind upon learning of her new job. Sophie, unlike our hero, had a good upbringing, with loving if not obnoxious parents that adore her. Sophie was a heroine I could get behind and I truly loved the way that her character is totally opposite of Gabriel. She is spunky, bubbly, sweet and fun. She is literally the “life” of the party. But she also has such a likable personality, you just love her instantly.
Plot and Story Line

Managed is the second book in the newest series by Callihan and what a book this one. Now while I did enjoy Idol quite a bit, Managed was by far a way better book in my opinion. First off we have Gabriel Scott as our hero and what a hero he makes. Like truly, swoon worthy, grumpy and dramatic Gabriel that gives you shivers. And our wonderful heroine Sophie handles him so well. Its like she is meant for him, because he learns to relax and be himself with her when he doesn’t allow it with anyone else. Granted he can be stubborn and pig headed which causes some ripples between him and Sophie but what FUN ripples they are.
“You should know, I can’t be a fling. Not with you. If you want me, you have to be all in.”
A frown knots his brows, and when he speaks, his voice is a rasp. “I’ve lived my whole life denying myself what I truly want. And yet I cannot turn from you. Haven’t you realized it yet? I am yours. I will always be yours, whether I touch you or not.”

This couple is quite fantastic together. And I will admit this book had me laughing up and down and sideways and all the way in between. We see more of the band members and maybe hints of the “next book” maybe??!! And yeah I love seeing them together again and all of their interactions together. The romance is sexy and sweet and quite a tear jerker at times. This is one of those “opposite attract” stories that end up being AMAZING and curl your toes type of book.
I have never experienced intimacy. I did not know how good it felt to simply be with someone and let everything else melt away. The world can fuck off when I’m with Sophie Darling. There is only us. I don’t have to be anyone else but Gabriel.

These two are as different as night and day but somehow find their own compromise of sorts and end up being just perfect for each other in the end, but its not an exactly easy road for them. They have their rifts on their road that creates some short stops but they work through it and their relationship becomes even stronger. Yeah I had a blast with this story and eager to see what Callihan comes up with next.
The Cover

What a pretty pretty cover, I just love the swirl of color here!!
Overall View

Managed is a sensational and heart stopping romance that rocks your world in the most stimulating and poignant moments….A TRUE GEM!!
“I am a cold man. Any happiness or warmth I’ve felt died when Jax tried to take his life. Until you.” His ragged breath gusts over my cheek. “You are my warmth.” ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 20, 2019 |

I was really excited for Scottie's book and I immediately loved his story from the start. These two had fantastic chemistry from the start and we're just great partners in everything. I love that in my romances.

My only complaint (like with Idol) is that I wanted a little more conflict in the middle. This is by definition a slow burn romance and when that is the case, I need something else to happen to keep things fresh. I found that there wasn't too much happening besides these two fighting their feelings and it got a little monotonous near the middle of the story. They do have some great character growth moments in that time but needed just a little more to keep things exciting.

Full Review: http://wp.me/p7hLUw-1FF
Actual Rating: 4/5 ( )
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
This is a contemporary romance featuring a rock n/ roll band's manager (him) and a publicist/social media manager/photographer (her.) The first book in the series, 'Idol' wasn't too bad; but the author just didn't deliver: The level of absolutely unrealistic pretexts set up to get the two protags touching one another was absurd; and the author was unable to create any emotionally dramatic moments, grand gestures or otherwise. Plus, there were copy editing issues, like referring to an after dinner treat both as a "dessert" and as a "desert" in the same paragraph; and sentences with missing words. :-( (★★) ( )
  Tanya-dogearedcopy | Dec 4, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

VIP (2)
Love is what you do in life - Gabriel Scott

Love is who you do in life - Sophie Darling
You know those people who Lady Luck always seems to be kissing on the cheek?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,607,647 books! | Top bar: Always visible