We Are Legion (We Are Bob) (Bobiverse)…

We Are Legion (We Are Bob) (Bobiverse) (Volume 1) (edition 2017)

by Dennis E. Taylor (Author)

Series: Bobiverse (1)

Bob Johansson has just sold his software company and is looking forward to a life of leisure. There are places to go, books to read, and movies to watch. So it's a little unfair when he gets himself killed crossing the street. Bob wakes up a century later to find that corpsicles have been declared to be without rights, and he is now the property of the state. He has been uploaded into computer hardware and is slated to be the controlling AI in an interstellar probe looking for habitable planets. The stakes are high: no less than the first claim to entire worlds. If he declines the honor, he'll be switched off, and they'll try again with someone else. If he accepts, he becomes a prime target. There are at least three other countries trying to get their own probes launched first, and they play dirty. The safest place for Bob is in space, heading away from Earth at top speed. Or so he thinks. Because the universe is full of nasties, and trespassers make them mad - very mad.… (more)
Member:mj4781
Title:We Are Legion (We Are Bob) (Bobiverse) (Volume 1)
Authors:Dennis E. Taylor (Author)
Info:Ethan Ellenberg Literary Agency (2017), Edition: 2, 308 pages
Collections:Read

Work Information

We Are Legion (We Are Bob) by Dennis E. Taylor (Author)

English (55)  German (1)  All languages (56)
Popcorn nerd-culture sci-fi. Won't age well, but fun read. ( )
  dualmon | Nov 17, 2021 |
I just took a knife and scratched a 6th star on this page because 5 stars aren't enough. Without a doubt the best book I've read this year. Simply outstanding and totally unexpected. This story hit many of the same nerd points that [b:Ready Player One|9969571|Ready Player One|Ernest Cline|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1406383612s/9969571.jpg|14863741] and [b:The Martian|18007564|The Martian|Andy Weir|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1413706054s/18007564.jpg|21825181] did for me. Now I'm waiting impatiently for Bob #2 to come out.

Audiobook notes: Outstanding narration with only a single issue by Ray Porter, who I'd previously enjoyed on [b:14|15062217|14|Peter Clines|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1338999953s/15062217.jpg|20716929] and [b:The Fold|23164927|The Fold|Peter Clines|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1416182070s/23164927.jpg|42710963]. My only complaint was the mispronunciation of Archimedes as "Ar-KIM-ih-deez". ( )
  KrakenTamer | Oct 23, 2021 |
Great read

I loved this book. Quick easy read but really fun. I cannot wait to read the rest of the series. Audiobook narration also great. Voice actor does great and has distint voices for everyone ( )
  Powerfuldragon | Oct 21, 2021 |
It felt like a slice of life but in space and with all the science fiction tropes. It was enjoyable but it also was very Americancentric (and male). At the beginning you would read about the other powers but at the end only America, New Zealand and England were mentioned. And Brazil because he story needed and adversary.
No other viewpoints and the one who were mentioned were mainly of men.

It didn't really hindered my enjoyment while reading but it as a women living in Europe it did make me laugh at the one-sidedness of it all.

I do think I won't continue with the series I'm kind of interested in how some things will end but not enough to actively read the rest of the series. Maybe I'll skim them later in the day. ( )
  Jonesy_now | Sep 24, 2021 |
This is a really fun sci-fi book with a really unique angle. The story was engaging and interesting, but it started getting listless about halfway through. There's a few plots pulling the story along, but they're not very connected. Things end abruptly without much resolution.

I'll read more in the series eventually. ( )
  jamestomasino | Sep 11, 2021 |

Taylor, Dennis E.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porter, RayNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

I would like to dedicate this book to my wife, Blaihin, who not only puts up with my writing but supports it, and to my daughter Tina, who completed our family.
"So...You'll cut my head off."
Yeah, they still make duct tape. And it still holds the universe together.
The ship would have to rotate on its center of mass to aim, and I'd have to cut off the drive momentarily when firing, but it was considerably better than my current defensive armament,which consisted of harsh words and heavy disapproval. Probably not effective against Klingons.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,533,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible