Fury on Fire

by Sophie Jordan

Series: Devil's Rock (3)

When you live next door to the big bad wolf . . . After years in prison, North Callaghan is finally free. But the demons haunting him still make him feel like a caged beast. He loses himself in work and hard living, coming up for air only to bed any willing woman to cross his path. So when his new neighbor snares his interest, he decides to add another notch to his bedpost. The only problem? Faith Walters is a white picket fence kind of girl. Prepare to be devoured. Faith's new neighbor is the rudest man alive. He'd rather grunt at her than speak and he takes her "welcome-to-the-neighborhood" scones without a thank you. She knows she should run for the hills from the ex-con. If only he weren't so smoldering sexy...if only the sounds of him with other women didn't drift through their shared wall and fill her with longing...and if only he didn't look at her like they were a collision waiting to happen.… (more)

ummary
North Callaghen has spent years in jail. He and his brother while trying to protect their sister, ended up killing a man and North has paid for what he did and suffered while in jail just trying to survive. But now he is out and trying to get back to a normal life But its not as easy or simple as it sounds. Despite his brother's interest, he is paving his own way despite the way he feels like he will never get a semblence of a normal life. Until he meets his next door neighbor. Faith isn't picky about her neighbors, but her next door neighbor is driving her crazy. And she knows that her family wouldn't approve living so close to an ex con. However she sees something more in North, and wants to explore despite the risk of losing her heart...
Plot and Story Line
Fury On Fire the last of the Devil's Rock series (at least that I know of) and we finally get to open up North's story here. I have to say that this book packs a punch and I enjoyed seeing North get his story. We see the adjustments he has to make as he gets back to a normal life. We also see the complex issues that are involved for ex cons adjusting to real life again. Faith is from a family of law enforcement, her family were the ones that made the arrest on North and his brother. So there are some complications to their relationship. What really kicks this story into gear is the fireworks that these two have with each other. Their bantering, and the flirting and the sexy way these two fall for each other is fantastic. I did admire the way this author introduces us to the hardship ex convicts face, especially when they want to make a fresh start and change their lives. The romance between North and Faith was quite explosive and yet mixed in with moments of tenderness. I love the way these two fight for each other.
The Cover
LOVE this cover, I like the sexy pose here, and I like the way his shirt melds to his skin with his bike on the side.
Overall View
Fury on Fire is a emotionally pivoting romance that will bring out some laughs, some tears, and some swoonworthy moments worth your time!! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |

Sophie Jordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fox, ChristianReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
HarperAudioPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

For Angela Hanna:

Thanks for the wine, the laughter and the friendship -- not necessarily in that order! You're good for my soul.
It was move-in day.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,359,947 books! | Top bar: Always visible