Death on Lily Pond Lane (Hamptons Murder…

Death on Lily Pond Lane (Hamptons Murder Mysteries) (Volume 2)

by Carrie Doyle

222,551,640 (2)None
Recently added bybah195, Kris_Anderson

No tags.

Carrie Doyle's newest book"Death On Lily Pond Lane" is the second in her Hamptons Murder Mystery Series and can be read as a stand alone book.
As a cozy mystery lover I'm always looking for new series to read so I had high hopes for this book. Unfortunately I was disappointed. This story starts out well enough but as I kept reading I found my mind wandering. I wanted more substance and more action.
Since I didn't read the first book I was a bit confused in places (example: the relationship between Antonia and Nick).
I'm hoping that in future books in this series the author fleshes out the relationship between Antonia and Joseph. I think they'll make a great detesting team. I'd also like to see more of the inn incorporated in the story.

I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily submitted an honest review. ( )
  bah195 | Feb 5, 2017 |
Death on Lily Pond Lane by Carrie Doyle is the second book in A Hamptons Murder Mystery series. Antonia Bingham owns the Windmill Inn in East Hampton where she is also the head chef. During the off season, she is the caretaker to two properties (while their owners are at their primary residences). Antonia is checking on the Mastersons’ property. Warner Caruthers, a friend of Luke Masterson, had been staying in the guest quarters, but he was supposed to have departed the previous day. Antonia searches the house for Warner and finds him in Eleanor’s bathroom (one of the Mastersons’ daughters). He is dead in the bathtub. Antonia calls the police and then quickly hides something from the bathroom. Antonia’s nosiness and dislike of police officers leads her to investigate his death. It turns out that Warner was doing a documentary that portrayed the wealthy town residents in a bad light (and they do not appreciate Antonia’s sticking her nose into their business). Can Antonia find the culprit before the killer finds her?

Death on Lily Pond Lane was a snooze fest. I found the book to be boring. The book only has 308 pages, but it felt twice the length. The mystery was basic (predictable). I was able to identify the killer very early in the book (before I was quarter of the way through the story). This is the second book in A Hamptons Murder Mystery series, but Death on Lily Pond Lane can be read alone. The case from the first book is mentioned more than once during the course of the novel as well as why Antonia relocated to East Hampton. Actually, many things are replicated throughout the book. The reader is subjected to the details of Antonia’s failed marriage many times (she is divorced from a cop that abused her and caused the death of her father). I give Death on Lily Pond Lane 2 out of 5 stars. I just felt it was too simple. It was like the author used a cozy mystery checklist when writing. I also did not like the main character very much or her flighty best friend. Antonia puts herself down especially about her appearance and it is off-putting. I wanted to like Death on Lily Pond Lane, but it was just not the right book for me. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | Nov 21, 2016 |

Springtime in the Hamptons comes late, but it’s worth it! Brisk walks on the bright chilly beach, cinnamon buns at tea time, blooming forsythia and...murder? East Hampton innkeeper and chef Antonia Bingham has settled in to town and taken on extra work as an estate manager, giving her entree her into some of the area’s most glamorous homes. Once inside, Antonia checks the heat, looks for leaks or damage, and finds the occasional dead body. Since the police can’t be trusted, it’s up to Antonia—a modern day Miss Marple, with an overly enthusiastic adoration of carbs and a kamikaze love-life—to put her skills of deduction to use. Nestle in with a steaming mug of your favorite tea and get ready to peek behind the gates of the mansions of the Hamptons, as Antonia Bingham solves another shocking and devastating murder in Death on Lily Pond Lane, the second book of Carrie Doyle’s Hamptons Murder Mystery series.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 21 Nov 2016 18:46:32 -0500)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,238,840 books! | Top bar: Always visible