12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You

by Tony Reinke

Christian Nonfiction. Religion & Spirituality. Sociology. Nonfiction. When the smartphone was introduced, many of us quickly adopted it into our lives-too quickly to stop and think about the future costs we were unboxing along with the device. Now blessed with this revolutionary piece of handheld technology, we try to wield it with wisdom, fending off anxieties about how our digital habits impact our spiritual health. Drawing on the insights of numerous thinkers, published studies, and his own research, writer Tony Reinke identifies twelve potent ways our smartphones have changed our lives-for good and ill. Reinke calls us to cultivate healthy habits for smartphone use in the digital age, encouraging us to be grateful for technological advance, develop skills aimed at maximizing the blessing that we (and others) can receive through our phones, and grow in the wisdom we need to avoid the many pitfalls that exist with such a powerful tool.… (more)

An important book but highlights in introduction & early chapters are the best part of the book. The rest is repetitious & didactic ( )
  drmom62 | Apr 21, 2023 |
  drmom62 | Apr 21, 2023 |
Interesting look into how smart phones have pervaded our lives, in some ways without us even being aware of how much autonomy we've given to the technology in our lives.

The author recognizes the push/pull of technology. What I took away is to be aware of how I'm spending my days and whether I'm genuinely connecting with the people in my life. ( )
  sriddell | Aug 6, 2022 |
Such a great book. I’m well written and convicting but in the best of ways. I wasn’t Kaiden with guilt rather I was moved to engage with my phone in healthy God honoring ways. Highly recommended. ( )
  emabbott | Dec 8, 2021 |
Every Christian who is on the internet (and you are if you’re reading this) must read this book.
This is great biblical thinking on how smart phones and internet effect us, but also how we should be using them for the glory of God. Check it out. ( )
  Cbogstad | Aug 27, 2020 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,772,130 books! | Top bar: Always visible