Into the Water: The Sunday Times Bestseller…

Into the Water: The Sunday Times Bestseller (original 2017; edition 2017)

by Paula Hawkins (Author)

"The author of the #1 New York Times bestseller and global phenomenon The Girl on the Train returns with Into the Water, her addictive new novel of psychological suspense. A single mother turns up dead at the bottom of the river that runs through town. Earlier in the summer, a vulnerable teenage girl met the same fate. They are not the first women lost to these dark waters, but their deaths disturb the river and its history, dredging up secrets long submerged. Left behind is a lonely fifteen-year-old girl. Parentless and friendless, she now finds herself in the care of her mother's sister, a fearful stranger who has been dragged back to the place she deliberately ran from--a place to which she vowed she'd never return. With the same propulsive writing and acute understanding of human instincts that captivated millions of readers around the world in her explosive debut thriller, The Girl on the Train, Paula Hawkins delivers an urgent, twisting, deeply satisfying read that hinges on the deceptiveness of emotion and memory, as well as the devastating ways that the past can reach a long arm into the present. Beware a calm surface--you never know what lies beneath"--… (more)
Member:cedricbonhomme
Title:Into the Water: The Sunday Times Bestseller
Authors:Paula Hawkins (Author)
Info:Doubleday (2017), Edition: 01, 368 pages

Into the Water by Paula Hawkins (2017)

English (131)  Spanish (3)  Dutch (2)  All languages (136)
I liked this even better than Girl on the Train. This was good unfolding mystery. There was no murkiness in the book, just page turning straight to the end. Several characters, but well developed for their plots in the story. I hope she writes another soon! ( )
  bookswithmom | Dec 18, 2019 |
Enjoyed the multiple POV's and play on family dynamics. Interesting read. ( )
  kimpiddington | Dec 1, 2019 |
4.5 stars really

I really didn't expect to like this book at all. I was wrong actually the multiple narrators was really enjoyable and what kept me stuck to this book the past two days.
I wouldn't say the book tidies up all the things I would like but instead of leaving me annoyed it left me satisfied. ( )
  basilsbooks | Oct 1, 2019 |
I deeply, truly, passionately do not give a fuck what happens to any of these characters. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Oct 1, 2019 |
I was very young when I was cracked open.

Some things you should let go of

Others you shouldn't

Views differ as to which

-Emily Berry, "The Numbers Game"
We now know that memories are not fixed or frozen, like Proust's jars of preserves in a larder, but are transformed, disassembled, reassembled, and recategorized with every act of recollection.
-Oliver Sacks, Hallucinations
For all the troublemakers
"Again! Again!" The men bind her again.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,657,008 books! | Top bar: Always visible