Tongue In Chic by Christina Dodd

Tongue In Chic

by Christina Dodd

Meadow Szarvas tells Devlin Fitzwilliam she has amnesia when he catches her breaking into his mansion to steal a priceless painting. "But then he claims she's his wife. As Devlin's own treacherous agenda comes to light, Meadow finds herself locked in a match of high-stakes deception," even as she falls deeper in love with him.… (more)

I loved this book. It was funny, but also had heartwarming moments. Can't wait to read the next one!

Synopsis:

Meadow Szarvas knew that breaking into Devlin Fitzwilliam's mansion to steal a priceless painting was a dangerous move. She was ready for trouble--but not for the determination and guile of a handsome man with a secret agenda of his own. Locked in a breathtaking game of high-stakes deception, Meadow and Devlin can't take their eyes off each other--and don't want to. But what they don't know is that another player has upped the ante--and is watching their every move... ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
Meadow Szarvas's grandmother left her a legacy. Only one problem: it's locked inside a mansion off the South Carolina coast, and she's going to have to break in to get it. And let's just say housebreaking isn't Meadow's strong suit. Moments after entry she's managed to knock herself cold. On waking, the only thing she can think to do is claim amnesia - a great plan, until the guy holding her claims she's his run-away wife. Now she's trapped in a web of lies, and time is running out.

This would have been a fun read even without the elements of intrigue and villainy. ( )
  SunnySD | Feb 2, 2013 |
The first half was great. I was giggling while reading it and my poor husband was trying to sleep. When he asked me what the story was and I told him he looked me as if I was crazy to read such things:) Yes, it's improbable, unbelievable but so much fun!The heroine enters a house to steal a painting, hits her head while caught in the act and feigns amnesia to escape charges. Hero on the other hand, seizes the chance -for his own nefarious reasons- to tell her that she's his wife. After all, she doesn't remember anything, right? So how can she confront his lie? And as husband and wife they do have to sleep in the same bed of course. Besides he told her the most romantic story of how they met and married in Majorka, she's already starting to fall for him :)However, after the first 200 pages, the story lost each appeal to me. The heroine suddenly becomes a 100% bohemian, going to dance naked in the garden in the moonlight, just for the joy of it. And of course the hero sees her and is drooling after her naked body. Besides, all men who see her fall in love with her, whether they're 20 or 70 years old. She's the most beautiful, vivacious, clever and of course good hearted woman anyone met, becomes friends with everyone, and there is not a man or woman who doesn't think the Pope should make her a saint as soon as possible. At that part, the plot became nauseatious and ridiculous. This saintly woman, kept telling lies to the man she loves despite him giving her every chance to come with the truth and her belief that he's a good man. She also attacks him verbally and decides to leave him when he freaks out the moment he finds out she's pregnant: they only know each other for 3 weeks and she thinks his first reaction should be immense joy at God's gift. He, who got ridiculed by every man in town for being born out of wedlock. She, who's still telling him lies about who she really is, demands he grovels to win back her love.If not for the awesome beginning, this would be a 2 star read. But the first half was amazingly funny, witty and sweet. I just wish the writer could add a flow or two on that exquisite, ethereal heroine. This whole raving about her, got tiring after a while. ( )
1 vote faniP | Aug 24, 2012 |
Tongue In Chic is the second book from Christina Dodd’s Fortune Hunter series. It was a fun, light read. There wasn’t much to the plot other than the chemistry between Meadow and Devlin. They were pretty hot together considering their whole relationship was based on lies. I also want to know who is the woman on the cover of the book? I don’t recall Meadow wearing a evening grown during any scene in the book. ( )
  chrissywest | Jan 9, 2011 |
This was a cute little caper. Devlin and Meadow start lying to each other from the moment their eyes meet. The humor comes from the fact that they both know each other is lying, but neither of them is willing to call the other on it. I enjoyed watching their relationship grow, including the frustrations they had with each other. In fact, I got so caught up in the romance part of it that by the time the climax of the novel came around, I had forgotten they had another bad guy to deal with. I guess that can be seen as both a good thing and a bad thing. I think Dodd’s books (at least the ones I’ve read so far) are fun, kicky romances, and I look forward to reading more. ( )
  miyurose | Feb 11, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,921,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible