The stone sky by N. K. Jemisin

The stone sky (edition 2017)

by N. K. Jemisin

Series: The Broken Earth (3)

The Moon will soon return. Whether this heralds the destruction of humankind or something worse will depend on two women. Essun has inherited the power of Alabaster Tenring. With it, she hopes to find her daughter Nassun and forge a world in which every orogene child can grow up safe. For Nassun, her mother's mastery of the Obelisk Gate comes too late. She has seen the evil of the world, and accepted what her mother will not admit: that sometimes what is corrupt cannot be cleansed, only destroyed.… (more)
Member:evareads

Work Information

The Stone Sky by N. K. Jemisin

*4.5 ( )
  Fortunesdearest | Oct 4, 2022 |
O fechamento da trilogia não desaponta, com um final imensamente satisfatório, isto é, verossímil, emocionante e não previsível. O tema do confronto entre a visão infantil/vespertina da "solução final" e a maturidade do "conviver com o problema" é trabalhado com tanta perícia quanto o já comentado tema do conflito racial e criação de desigualdade estrutural em uma sociedade. A autora faz fantasia, mas fazer fantasia pode ser fazer grande sociologia ficcional, com um pé firme num materialismo (pois pasmem - magia nenhuma contraria o material, mas sim, envereda-se nele). Continuei não tendo simpatia alguma pelo par Schaffa Nassum, mas o livro supera seus personagens, de tão interessante que são seus desdobramentos. O esperado desenvolvimento da história de Hoa vale muito também.

O livro foi vencedor do prêmio Hugo de melhor novela, 2018. ( )
  henrique_iwao | Aug 30, 2022 |
You know, I was pleasantly surprised that the more I read this trilogy, the more I enjoyed it. The author did a good job of building the story slowly and engaging me with it's characters while also providing impressive world building. Overall, I'm glad I read this series and will likely pick up another book by this author. ( )
  ArcherKel | Aug 17, 2022 |
This book, this trilogy is well worth reading. The complexity of the world is fascinating. The characters are complex: sometimes they are likeable, sometimes they are not depending upon the context they find themselves. As a result the characters feel real. However, I do wish the interrelationships among the characters felt deeper. I read this after reading the first 6 volumes of The Expanse and in that highly regarded series their is greater connection among the characters which I greatly enjoyed. I wish The Broken Earth trilogy has similarly deep interrelationships. But other than that criticism, I really enjoyed this read. ( )
  Neil_Luvs_Books | Aug 2, 2022 |
Much better than the second volume, this final installment of the trilogy delivered on the promise of the first. An excellent conclusion. ( )
  JBD1 | Jul 17, 2022 |

N. K. Jemisinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chan, WendyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Meeks, MirandaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Miles, RobinNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Panepinto, LaurenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Paul, TimMap artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To those who've survived: Breathe. That's it. Once more. Good. You're good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory.
Time grows short, my love.
But breathing doesn't always mean living, and maybe... maybe genocide doesn't always leave bodies.
But there are none so frightened, or so strange in their fears, as conquerors. They conjure phantoms endlessly, terrified that their victims will someday do back what was done to them—even if, in truth, their victims couldn't care less about such pettiness and have moved on. Conquerors live in dread of the day when they are shown to be, not superior, but simply lucky.

N. K. Jemisin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,287,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible