Crime Scene: A Novel by Jonathan Kellerman

Crime Scene: A Novel (edition 2017)

by Jonathan Kellerman (Author)

Member:Dianekeenoy
Title:Crime Scene: A Novel
Authors:Jonathan Kellerman (Author)
Info:Ballantine Books (2017), Edition: First Edition, 400 pages
Tags:Audiobook

Crime Scene by Jonathan Kellerman

I am a long time Kellerman fan but I am unable to force myself to finish this book. Too many characters, too little character development. I think the fact that I kept forgetting if Coroner Edison is male or female pretty much sums up how poorly written this book is. Jonathan needs to go back to writing on his own or sometimes with his wife. Please don't turn your talent into a creepy business like Patterson. ( )
  allenkl | Oct 20, 2017 |
Held my interest. I'm looking forward to the next one in the series ( )
  gail616 | Sep 22, 2017 |
The first in a new mystery series featuring Deputy Clay Edison, smart, caring and thoughtful. Some family issues due to his brother make him more vulnerable and real.

Strong plot with a satisfying mix of characters, perhaps a few too many, but a very good read. Hoping series continues; looking forward to reading more. ( )
  Bookish59 | Sep 2, 2017 |
As a big fan of Alex Delaware, I tend to enjoy Jonathan Kellerman's prose, but in this case, it just didn't fly for me. New character, Clay Edison, is a deputy coroner working on a case of a heart attack victim tied into a murder 20 years past. I read the book in a day but all together, the novel felt "heavy" where reading a Delaware novel tends to feel "light". Can't explain it much better than that other than it was an OK read, but I'm not sure I'll follow up with this character. ( )
  phoenixcomet | Aug 30, 2017 |
I was really impressed with this book. I've been a long time fan of Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware's series, but after the last installment had decided that that series had run it's course for me. I'd tried to read the first of the Golam books where father and son first teamed up and I couldn't finish the book. I guess just habits had made me put a request in at the library for this book when I first heard about it and so I gave it a chance found it much more enjoyable than I had first imagined.

Clay Edison, the main character, was fresh and likable. A fresh new angle of a coroner's deputy was an interesting take. I did feel like the basketball star/injury thing harked a little too close to the character Myron Bolitar al la Harlan Coben for me though, but I let it slide since there were plenty of other traits to enjoy.

I would like to see this become a series. ( )
1 vote she_climber | Aug 11, 2017 |

Jonathan Kellermanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kellerman, Jessemain authorall editionsconfirmed

"A corpse lying at the bottom of the stairs. A beautiful but troubled young woman. A brutal, decades-old murder. And the man charged with making sense of it all. Clay Edison is a former star athlete turned coroner's investigator. It's his job to care for the dead and the people they leave behind. It's not his job to solve mysteries. But some cases--and some people--can't be resisted. What he discovers will set him on a quest to overturn a hideous injustice, no matter the consequences"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,955,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible