They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera

They Both Die at the End (edition 2018)

by Adam Silvera (Author)

In a near-future New York City where a service alerts people on the day they will die, teenagers Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio meet using the Last Friend app and are faced with the challenge of living a lifetime on their End Day.
Member:00asteroidzz
Title:They Both Die at the End
Authors:Adam Silvera (Author)
Info:Quill Tree Books (2018), Edition: Reprint, 416 pages
Rating:*****

Work Information

They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera

Scythe by Neal Shusterman (norabelle414)
    norabelle414: YA books that take place in a world where our relationship with death has fundamentally changed

3.5 stars rounded down.

I don't know what it is about Adam Silvera books, but I just cannot connect with his characters on a personal level. I had to force myself to power through parts of this book. Mateo and Roof's romance just did not do it for me. I enjoyed the whole concept of the book and the company that alerts people their death day. I would not hate to read a different book with a similar concept by a different author. ( )
  yulissaeuceda_ | Jan 21, 2022 |
3.5 stars rounded down.

yulissaeuceda_ | Jan 21, 2022 |
Over all I enjoyed the book. However the ending was awful. The very last pages of the book end abruptly as though the author gave little thought and had to finish the novel quickly. If he would have given as much thought to the closing chapter to the rest of the book I would have given this novel at least a 3 or 4 star rating. ( )
  Jeremias75 | Jan 3, 2022 |
I struggled with the first half of this book, having to force myself to pick it back up. But somewhere in the middle I stopped being able to gat Mateo and Rufus out of my mind and I ended up really loving this book. It's sad - for sure - but also beautiful. ( )
  KimZoot | Jan 2, 2022 |

Crouch, MichaelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Daymond, RobbieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fitzsimmons, ErinDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Prades, SimonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To live is the rarest thing in the world.
Most people exist, that’s all.
—Oscar Wilde
For those who need a reminder to make every day count.

Shout-out to Mom for all the love and
Cecilia for all the tough love. I’ve always needed both.
Death-Cast is calling with the warning of a lifetime—I’m going to die today.

Adam Silvera reminds us that there’s no life without death and no love without loss in this devastating yet uplifting story about two people whose lives change over the course of one unforgettable day.

On September 5, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: They’re going to die today.

Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but, for different reasons, they’re both looking to make a new friend on their End Day. The good news: There’s an app for that. It’s called the Last Friend, and through it, Rufus and Mateo are about to meet up for one last great adventure—to live a lifetime in a single day.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,186,505 books! | Top bar: Always visible