Take Me Harder (Texas Bounty) by Jackie…

Take Me Harder (Texas Bounty)

by Jackie Ashenden

761,138,814 (3.58)None

Devilish, humorous and full of sarcasm- adds up to my kind of story! Ava and Rush explode together when they're not chasing trouble, fighting against their feelings, or getting it on.
A great storyline with characters that are witty and pull you in, Ashenden nails it with Take Me Harder.
*I received an arc from NetGalley for an honest review ( )
  KimMcReads | Feb 23, 2017 |
Awww! I loved Rush. Such a big softie inside and so badly misunderstood. I wanted to strangle his parents, especially his Mum. What kind of freakin' twisted last words were those? She basically set him up to get hurt for the rest of his life. And poor Ava too. There should be something like a parenting school set up, so losers like them could go learn how to treat their kids. Or then it should be illegal for certain people to have kids altogether. Geez!

But I'm so happy that Ava was finally able to crash through those walls and reach him because they are just PERFECT for each other. And I just LOVED that ending.

I received an Advanced Reader's Copy from NetGalley for voluntary review consideration. ( )
  Ash_P | Feb 20, 2017 |
3.5 Stars

I loved the other two books in this series, but not so much this one. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but I just couldn't get over Rush being such an ass. I can understand that he's bitter about being innocent but still incarcerated for eight years, but he didn't need to be a jerk to everyone and act like a three year old by bringing it up in practically every single conversation. I loved Rush in the previous books; in this one I just wanted to slap him most of the time. Ava wasn't much better. I couldn't figure out the ages of the two at first. She had only been a cop for a year, but she kept acting as a veteran detective. Their relationship was okay. I'm really looking forward to the oldest brother's book.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | Feb 19, 2017 |
Take Me Harder by Jackie Ashenden
Texas Bounty #3

Bounty hunter series with standalone stories and this being the third in the series but my first read I have mixed feelings. I liked the idea that there was a HFN ending and at times liked the relationship between Ava and Rush. I liked Ava’s father being willing to help Rush out. I liked the whore with a heart of gold. I didn’t like the fact that Rush seemed to have nobody in his corner – ever – even though Ava tried from time to time. I didn’t like the way Rush’s family treated him. I didn’t like the fact that Rush seemed more interested in being angry than moving on. I didn’t like the idea that nobody, not even Rush, tried to clear his name.

Rush had definitely been dealt a bad hand, spent 8 years in jail for something he did not do and came home with a grudge on his shoulders and anger in his belly. His surly talk, drinking and other indulgences might be due to being deprived while behind bars but every once in a while his true once kinder nature tried to peek out. I never saw Ava as a “strong” person though she was empathetic, kind and eager to please. I felt more like she was a teenager than a grown woman and whether that was due to her crush on Rush when she was a teenager seeping over into the present or if it was just her in general I still don’t know. I found it hard to believe some of the things Ava was willing to do at various times in the book. Anyway…This was an easy at times predictable read with the surly ex-con and the good girl from his past finding a way to move forward together into the future by the end of the book. I would like to know more about Quinn and Rhys and wonder if they will show up at some point later in the series.

Thank you to NetGalley and Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept for the ARC. This is my honest review.

3 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Jan 28, 2017 |
Another great book for the Texas Bounty series.
Rush Redmond has spent eight years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, and now at last he's out. His time away has changed him and freedom is not as sweet as he would wish, he can't be a bounty hunter and other restrictions could drive a man crazy.
He meets up with Ava St. George an old friend and now a cop who asks for his help. Ava was a lonely young girl he befriended when she was fourteen, she definitely isn't a young girl know though but a beautiful, shapely woman and is finding it hard to keep his dirty mind and hands to himself.
I liked Rush, he'd had a bad break and he was so arrogant, and bitter but sometimes his dialogue in the story was hilarious.
The conclusion was rushed a little but I still enjoyed this book very much and would highly recommend it. ( )
  JulieD2 | Jan 5, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,426,582 books! | Top bar: Always visible