Take Me Harder (Texas Bounty) by Jackie…

Take Me Harder (Texas Bounty)

by Jackie Ashenden

541,436,638 (3.33)None

3.5 Stars

I loved the other two books in this series, but not so much this one. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but I just couldn't get over Rush being such an ass. I can understand that he's bitter about being innocent but still incarcerated for eight years, but he didn't need to be a jerk to everyone and act like a three year old by bringing it up in practically every single conversation. I loved Rush in the previous books; in this one I just wanted to slap him most of the time. Ava wasn't much better. I couldn't figure out the ages of the two at first. She had only been a cop for a year, but she kept acting as a veteran detective. Their relationship was okay. I'm really looking forward to the oldest brother's book.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | Feb 19, 2017 |
Take Me Harder by Jackie Ashenden
Texas Bounty #3

Bounty hunter series with standalone stories and this being the third in the series but my first read I have mixed feelings. I liked the idea that there was a HFN ending and at times liked the relationship between Ava and Rush. I liked Ava’s father being willing to help Rush out. I liked the whore with a heart of gold. I didn’t like the fact that Rush seemed to have nobody in his corner – ever – even though Ava tried from time to time. I didn’t like the way Rush’s family treated him. I didn’t like the fact that Rush seemed more interested in being angry than moving on. I didn’t like the idea that nobody, not even Rush, tried to clear his name.

Rush had definitely been dealt a bad hand, spent 8 years in jail for something he did not do and came home with a grudge on his shoulders and anger in his belly. His surly talk, drinking and other indulgences might be due to being deprived while behind bars but every once in a while his true once kinder nature tried to peek out. I never saw Ava as a “strong” person though she was empathetic, kind and eager to please. I felt more like she was a teenager than a grown woman and whether that was due to her crush on Rush when she was a teenager seeping over into the present or if it was just her in general I still don’t know. I found it hard to believe some of the things Ava was willing to do at various times in the book. Anyway…This was an easy at times predictable read with the surly ex-con and the good girl from his past finding a way to move forward together into the future by the end of the book. I would like to know more about Quinn and Rhys and wonder if they will show up at some point later in the series.

Thank you to NetGalley and Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept for the ARC. This is my honest review.

3 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Jan 28, 2017 |
Another great book for the Texas Bounty series.
Rush Redmond has spent eight years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, and now at last he's out. His time away has changed him and freedom is not as sweet as he would wish, he can't be a bounty hunter and other restrictions could drive a man crazy.
He meets up with Ava St. George an old friend and now a cop who asks for his help. Ava was a lonely young girl he befriended when she was fourteen, she definitely isn't a young girl know though but a beautiful, shapely woman and is finding it hard to keep his dirty mind and hands to himself.
I liked Rush, he'd had a bad break and he was so arrogant, and bitter but sometimes his dialogue in the story was hilarious.
The conclusion was rushed a little but I still enjoyed this book very much and would highly recommend it. ( )
  JulieD2 | Jan 5, 2017 |
I received an ARC for an honest review with netgalley. I have to say that at times I wanted to go threw this book and slap Ava silly. Rush was a jack ass no other name for him. I understand what author wanted to convey but please, sometimes things were just to much to take. Rush spent eight years in jail for a crime that he didn't commit, so understandably he is angry at the world, however he chose to be the sacrificial lamb, true he expected to be released earlier, but that didn't happen. Then he wants to take his anger out at everyone who didn't deserve it, especially Ava, who supposedly was his friend. He never treated her as such, he just demeaned her over and over and she repeatedly in this (I want to be there for him, he is so misunderstood) crap and took it. I understand being there for a person, when you think that they were your only friend when you needed one the most, or only friend period, however he wasn't anymore, have some self-respect. Give him maybe one, or two chance, but come on, to let him talk to you the way rush did and then you still begged him, oh god, I am still reeling. Then at the end when Ava finally gets scared and decides she needs distance, what does he do again, mistreat as if he could care less and yet she thinks she was wrong. True, True masochist,. If you like a book about verbal abuse, then this is it for you. I truly need to pick my books better. ( )
  Pelusa41 | Nov 25, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,435,271 books! | Top bar: Always visible