Miramar Bay by Davis Bunn

Miramar Bay (edition 2017)

by Davis Bunn (Author)

Info:Kensington (2017), 304 pages
Collections:read
Rating:**

Miramar Bay by Davis Bunn

This easy-to-read romance is full of seaside town charm, quirky locals looking out for each other, a big-name actor trying to lay low and get back to real life, family reunions, a bad guy out to get the heroine, and of course a love story about second chances.

It's an OK little tale with just enough plot to keep the reader reading. I didn't find the story, characters or atmosphere/setting all that compelling but for readers who like Nicholas Sparks, this is the book for you. The love story between Connor and Sylvie just didn't have much going for it. The characters did not have any chemistry to speak of, and in fact do not interact all that much. And we're supposed to believe that after one meeting, they're suddenly in love? The story picks up momentum in the second half, as the heroine's legal troubles force her friends to kick into high gear to try to save her and her restaurant.

Thank you to the publishers for a review copy. ( )
  ChayaLovesToRead | Apr 21, 2017 |
I fell in love with the cover of Miramar Bay the minute I saw it. All those warm golds and blues are just gorgeous and this book is just as gorgeous as it's cover!

Miramar Bay by Davis Bunn is a wonderfully written, engaging romance steeped in family, friends, Faith and love. The story well written and emotionally moving. The characters realistic and the plot romantic and suspenseful. I enjoyed a relaxing evening reading this lovely book and I look forward to reading more of Mr. Bunn's other works!

I received this book for free. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own. Thank you to Kensington Publishing, Mr. Bunn and Ede'weiss for the opportunity to read and review this book. ( )
  mrsrenee | Mar 28, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,885,392 books! | Top bar: Always visible