dismiss

Egomaniac

by Vi Keeland

A new standalone novel from the #1 New York Times bestselling author, Vi Keeland. The night I met Drew Jagger, he'd just broken into my new Park Avenue office. I dialed 9-1-1 before proceeding to attack him with my fancy new Krav Maga skills. He quickly restrained me, then chuckled, finding my attempted assault amusing. Of course, my intruder had to be arrogant. Only, turned out, he wasn't an intruder at all. Drew was the rightful occupant of my new office. He'd been on vacation while his posh space was renovated. Which was how a scammer got away with leasing me office space that wasn't really available for rent. I was swindled out of ten grand. The next day, after hours at the police station, Drew took pity on me and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. In exchange for answering his phones while his secretary was out, he'd let me stay until I found a new place. I probably should have acted grateful and kept my mouth shut when I overheard the advice he was spewing to his clients. But I couldn't help giving him a piece of my mind. I never expected my body to react every time we argued. Especially when that was all we seemed to be able to do. The two of us were complete opposites. Drew was a bitter, angry, gorgeous-as-all-hell, destroyer of relationships. And my job was to help people save their marriages. The only thing the two of us had in common was the space we were sharing. And an attraction that was getting harder to deny by the day.… (more)

I'm a fan of forced proximity storylines. I'm a fan of hot dads and dirty talkers too.

I thought the connection between characters and issues seemed genuine. I probably won't remember the book for long, but I enjoyed reading it. Ultimately that lands it in 3 star territory.

I wish the author had developed side characters, bc I feel like the plausibility of the plot suffered without any.

samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |
Egomaniac by Vi Keeland (Audiobook)
Narrated by: Andi Arndt and Joe Arden

4 Stars - I enjoyed this quite romance. It was witty and charming. The leads had good chemistry and the storyline flowed well. I laughed out loud a few times and smiled often. Everything I look for in a book. This is the second book I have read by Vi Keeland and I think she is going to be an author I search out.

~Paragraphs and Petticoats~
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
I have only recently discovered Vi Keeland, and now that I have finished my second book by her…I am hooked. I love that there is so much more to her stories than just the physical relationships. This was a heart felt story about a father and his son, along with the romance. I also loved how the two love interests meet in this one! Another great read! ( )
  SimplyKelina | Feb 25, 2018 |
Wow! Drew can dirty talk to me anytime!

EGOMANIAC by Vi Keeland is a contemporary romance novel, not part of a series. This book is told in first-person, past tense with alternating viewpoint chapters.

I have read a few books by Vi Keeland as well as books she co-writes with author Penelope Ward, and I've been dying to read this book since it released. Ms. Keeland is one of those authors that you can depend on for writing amazing stories with complex characters. The old saying, you can’t judge a book by its cover, certainly does not apply here. With this author, you can always judge the book by its cover, because you can always count on a delicious man.

EGOMANIAC is about a cocky lawyer named Drew Jaggart that arrives home from a Hawaiian vacation to find his office occupied by a woman who thinks she's the lawful renter. Emerie Rose is a beautiful psychologist who moves from Oklahoma to New York to start her psychology practice. She's a bit naïve in the big city and gets swindled into renting office space from a con artist who actually doesn’t even own the building. So Drew and Emerie clash from the start. The title promises Drew will be a conceited jerk. But deep down, this cocky self-assured slice of man cake has a heart of gold.

I loved this story. Though the plot is nothing unique, what makes this story special is that Vi Keeland wrote it. Seriously, she could write about paint drying and make it interesting. This is a character-driven book with some great dialog. Drew's dirty mouth made me blush a couple times, and I laughed out loud at his suggestive one-liners and Emerie’s hilarious reactions. And he doesn’t give up. The more embarrassed Emerie gets the more the more emboldened Drew gets. The tension builds so beautifully I didn’t realize the book was half done before the two fell in the sack together. In the end though, this is a warming love story about two people who couldn’t be more different and how they fit perfectly together.

Though it's not erotic romance, this book is definitely not for readers under 18 due to sexual content. Fans of steamy romance who enjoy witty dialogue and don't mind a predictable plot would enjoy this story.

FAMOUS BY DEFAULT earns 4 North of Normal stars! ( )
  cmmccoy | May 24, 2017 |
Damn cute and sexy story. Chemistry between the characters was off the charts and the banter was fresh. One of the best by this author that I've read this far. ( )
  msralways | Apr 20, 2017 |

Keeland, Viprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Arden, JoeReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Arndt, AndiReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,917,901 books! | Top bar: Always visible